Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles Magic

Orioles Magic

PostPost #1 by Matt P » May 6th, 2012, 7:14 pm

Chris Davis with 5 strikeouts then pitches great to win the game.

Struck out Adrian Gonzalez ... wow.

I don't think there is anyway I can't believe in this team after today and I was as negative coming into this season as anyone.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: Orioles Magic

PostPost #2 by ofahn » May 6th, 2012, 7:42 pm

Matt P wrote:I don't think there is anyway I can't believe in this team after today and I was as negative coming into this season as anyone.

It is a true sign of intelligence to admit to yourself that you are wrong; and a true sign of character to admit to others that you are wrong.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by Ampontan » May 6th, 2012, 8:09 pm

Wow is right. How bout that, sports fans!

Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #4 by DougDE » May 7th, 2012, 7:15 am

That picture is awesom
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » May 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm

Nice start and hopefully it continues but personally I'm reeling myself in until July. We saw this before in 2005 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #6 by Matt P » May 7th, 2012, 7:10 pm

I agree birdwatcher but yesterday was something special. Hard to not get caught into it. We are now #1 in the MLB.com power rankings. I'm not ready to start thinking playoffs or anything but I'm starting to seriously doubt what I thought would happen coming into the season.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #7 by Ampontan » May 8th, 2012, 12:39 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:Nice start and hopefully it continues but personally I'm reeling myself in until July. We saw this before in 2005 8-)

Why should 2005 have anything to do with it? This is an entirely different team, with different players and a different coaching staff. Even the uniforms are different. Only the stadium is the same.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #8 by DougDE » May 8th, 2012, 8:05 am

I'm with birdwatcher. I'm enjoying this run on a game by game basis but it's way too early to be thinking this year is definetly going to be different. My instincts just wont let me buy the idea that this starting pitching staff is going to let this team be good for 162.
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #9 by Zach » May 8th, 2012, 8:45 am

I think that there are a lot of differences between this an the 2005 team (youth, better manager, more minor league depth), but it is almost necessary that we are cautious about success. We have grown distrustful of this organization and 15 years of losing have instill that into this fanbase.
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Return to Baltimore Orioles