Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

The upcoming schedule is brutal

Re: The upcoming schedule is brutal

PostPost #16 by Matt P » April 28th, 2012, 11:41 am

Why do I get the feeling that winning 4 out of 6 is going to be done like the 6-4 on the road trip where most would be happy with a certain amount of wins and then once it's over everyone is slightly disappointed even though they reached the "mark" set by many.

Win 3 against the Blue Jays then win 1 against Oakland? The Orioles somehow may be able to once again do what needs to be done while also disappointing. Hopefully they win the next 2 and go 5-1 before the schedule becomes ridiculous.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #17 by thezeroes » April 28th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Matt P wrote:Why do I get the feeling that winning 4 out of 6 is going to be done like the 6-4 on the road trip where most would be happy with a certain amount of wins and then once it's over everyone is slightly disappointed even though they reached the "mark" set by many.

If you look at the entire season in nine (9) game segments you would have what is considered eighteen (18) series. As a ball club you would look to win those 18 series (5W-4L) and this would give you a total of ninety (90) wins and a legit shot at the playoffs.

Of those 18 series (of 9 Games), eight (8) ( 72 Games) will come against the AL East. Wins and losses do not come in a vacuum so some of those wins would also bring the "Elite" east teams back to you.
thezeroes
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 38

PostPost #18 by Matt P » April 29th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Wow, what a 9th inning!

5-1 on the 6 game homestand. Now it's time to find out just how good this team really is.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #19 by Tucker Blair » April 29th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Matt P wrote:Wow, what a 9th inning!

5-1 on the 6 game homestand. Now it's time to find out just how good this team really is.

They got the job done against the teams they SHOULD beat.
Now is the tough part!

If they went .500 or a game below .500 on this next part of the schedule, I would be ecstatic.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #20 by Ampontan » May 2nd, 2012, 10:19 pm

It's all major league baseball. I'm not sure there are any teams another team "should" beat, but I'm still surprised that anyone would be so blase about our record against Toronto so far.

And that's not to mention two out of three in Yankee Stadium, and close to a sweep. :D
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #21 by Matt P » May 4th, 2012, 12:30 pm

I actually will be very disappointed if they don't win at least 2 of 3 in Boston. Maybe I'm starting to drink that orange kool aid.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #22 by osforlife » May 4th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Tonight will be tough with Lester on the mound. We can never seem to get to him. But I EXPECT to win the weekend games against the first start of the year for Cook, and the struggling Buchholz.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

PostPost #23 by Matt P » May 7th, 2012, 8:45 pm

2 out of 3 against New York and 3 out of 3 against Boston.

Got blown out tonight but they still are in great position to turn this stretch of games into a success. 3 more against the Rangers before the Rays come to town followed by the Yankees ... it doesn't get any tougher.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #24 by osforlife » May 8th, 2012, 2:25 pm

A four game series against the best offensive in the AL with an already depleted bullpen if tough. I'll be happy if we split.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #25 by Matt P » May 8th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Even if they only win 1 against Texas and 1 against Tampa Bay they still have a good shot at coming out of May above .500.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #26 by Matt P » May 11th, 2012, 1:09 am

1-3 against Texas. The thing that sucks is that Hammel didn't get to pitch against Texas. He's our best pitcher and it would have been nice to see if he could continue his success against a great lineup like the Rangers. With Hammel on the mound today I think we would have had a great shot at going 2-2 against them. I'm just glad they won at least one of the two games on Thursday after they got slapped around the first two games of the series.

Either way, we are tied for first place going into a 3 game series with the Rays. Who would have thought that we would still be in 1st after 10 games at New York, Boston, and against Texas? 6-4 is not bad against those 3 teams (although the Sox have been struggling this year so maybe that weakens it a little bit).
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #27 by Tucker Blair » May 13th, 2012, 11:03 am

2-0 and potential sweep today. Count me as very excited and surprised.
Now if they win 2 or 3 out of the next 5, I'll be ecstatic
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #28 by Matt P » May 16th, 2012, 3:46 pm

9-6 in the 15 game stretch against New York, Boston, Texas, Tampa, and New York (again).

You would think playing the Royals now would be great news but they are actually really hot at 7-3 in their last 10.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #29 by osforlife » May 17th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Inch by inch we are getting through May. We'll definitely come out of May with a winning record. At least a split here in KS so we aren't hurting our cause. BIG series with the Nats coming up.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #30 by Zach » May 17th, 2012, 6:08 pm

With the win today, we only need to win one more in this month to come out of May with a winning record.
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Baltimore Orioles