Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Thank You, Orioles

Thank You, Orioles

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » October 4th, 2012, 2:09 pm

Regardless of what happens Friday in the playoffs, I want to thank you guys for a great season of baseball!! You have truly made my summer enjoyable. There was so much going on. Looking at the standings each day and trying to figure out the Wild Card situation. Agonizing over the many injuries but yet admiring the nice team and individual accomplishments from the likes of Wieters, AJ, Davis, Chen, JJ and the emergence of Manny, etc.. Battling the Yankees down the stretch. And who can forget those memorable wins in Boston and Seattle!! Thanks too to our leaders Dan ("we're in it to win" - very inspiring) and Buck for their huge contributions. After 14 seasons of utter frustration, you Orioles were like a breath of fresh air. You didn't quit and defied long odds and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!! 8-)
Last edited by birdwatcher55 on October 4th, 2012, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Thank You, Orioles

PostPost #2 by ofahn » October 4th, 2012, 2:36 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Despite what happens Friday in the playoffs, I want to thank you guys for a great season of baseball!! You have truly made my summer enjoyable. Looking at the standings each day and trying to figure out the Wild Card situation. Agonizing over the many injuries but yet admiring the nice team and individual accomplishments from the likes of Wieters, AJ, Davis, Chen, JJ and the emergence of Manny. Battling the Yankees down the stretch. And memorable wins in Boston and Seattle. After 14 seasons of utter frustration, you guys were like a breath of fresh air. You didn't quit and defied long odds and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!! 8-)

Birdwatcher,

This is the best post you have ever contributed. It was thoughtful, topical, and clearly from the heart. It's the first thing you have ever written that I felt deserved a Reputation Point and I'm proud to have given you one. I hope that EVERYONE that reads this will give you one, too.

It is my sincerest wish that ALL of your future posts meet the same exceptional quality as this one.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by Matt P » October 4th, 2012, 3:34 pm

It was a great season.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #4 by OriolesRedskins28 » October 4th, 2012, 3:45 pm

Well said.