Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

2011 Orioles Lineup

2011 Orioles Lineup

PostPost #1 by BuckMagic » December 31st, 2010, 4:43 pm

Welcome to Baltimore Derrek Lee. Now that we know who's starting in Baltimore for the 2011, it's time to fool around with some possible lineups.

C - Matt Wieters
1B - Derrek Lee
2B - Brian Roberts
SS - J.J. Hardy
3B - Mark Reynolds
RF - Nick Markakis
CF - Adam Jones
LF - Nolan Reimold/Felix Pie
DH - Luke Scott

1- Brian Roberts
2- Nick Markakis
3- Derrek Lee
4 - Luke Scott
5 - Mark Reynolds
6 - Adam Jones
7 - Matt Wieters
8 - Felix Pie
9 - JJ Hardy

Now if Wieters and Jones step up their games, the lineup possibilities are endless. 2011 can not come soon enough! :D
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: 2011 Orioles Lineup

PostPost #2 by ljmillar22 » January 1st, 2011, 8:27 am

Just a quick one, if buck doesnt think that pie or reimold is fit for the LF job, do you think that we could sign podsednik he would be a big upgrade but maybe too expensive, any thoughts?
ljmillar22
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » January 1st, 2011, 11:43 am

ljmillar22 wrote:Just a quick one, if buck doesnt think that pie or reimold is fit for the LF job, do you think that we could sign podsednik he would be a big upgrade but maybe too expensive, any thoughts?

If we signed Posednik, I'd assume Reimold or Pie would have to return to AAA. I don't think either of them would pass through waivers. So unless we trade one of them, I don't think there's room for Posednik.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #4 by Shorebirdfan » January 1st, 2011, 3:51 pm

I've seen a lot of folks projecting the line up for 2011 and I don't like hitting Wieters 7. I think that in order for him to live up to his potential he needs to be placed more in the heart of the order. We all saw the success the Giants had with Buster Posey, and I think we would see better numbers hitting him 5 with Reynolds hitting behind him.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #5 by ShowalterPower » January 2nd, 2011, 11:47 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:I've seen a lot of folks projecting the line up for 2011 and I don't like hitting Wieters 7. I think that in order for him to live up to his potential he needs to be placed more in the heart of the order. We all saw the success the Giants had with Buster Posey, and I think we would see better numbers hitting him 5 with Reynolds hitting behind him.

I remember towards the end of his rookie season they stuck him in the #3 hole and he posted his best numbers. I would not put him back in the #3 hole but I agree he should be further up in the lineup.
ShowalterPower
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Baltimore Orioles