Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » June 27th, 2012, 3:15 pm

LJ Hoes is hitting .459 over his last 10 games. He has a patient approach that would play well in the majors. He doesn't strike out a whole lot.

He's hot, can get on-base, and play solid defense in LF. He's what the O's need right now.

They should call him up and give him a look.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #2 by ofahn » June 27th, 2012, 3:25 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:LJ Hoes is hitting .459 over his last 10 games. He has a patient approach that would play well in the majors. He doesn't strike out a whole lot.

He's hot, can get on-base, and play solid defense in LF. He's what the O's need right now.

They should call him up and give him a look.


Would you be giving him Pearce's place on the 25 Man Roster? Who comes off of the 40? Mahoney?
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4402
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » June 27th, 2012, 3:35 pm

ofahn wrote:
Jordan Tuwiner wrote:LJ Hoes is hitting .459 over his last 10 games. He has a patient approach that would play well in the majors. He doesn't strike out a whole lot.

He's hot, can get on-base, and play solid defense in LF. He's what the O's need right now.

They should call him up and give him a look.


Would you be giving him Pearce's place on the 25 Man Roster? Who comes off of the 40? Mahoney?

Probably Johnson.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #4 by ofahn » June 27th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:
ofahn wrote:
Jordan Tuwiner wrote:LJ Hoes is hitting .459 over his last 10 games. He has a patient approach that would play well in the majors. He doesn't strike out a whole lot.

He's hot, can get on-base, and play solid defense in LF. He's what the O's need right now.

They should call him up and give him a look.


Would you be giving him Pearce's place on the 25 Man Roster? Who comes off of the 40? Mahoney?

Probably Johnson.


Nick or Steve?
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4402
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #5 by Jordan Tuwiner » June 27th, 2012, 3:42 pm

I would keep Steve Johnson on the roster. I would get rid of Nick.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #6 by ofahn » June 27th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:I would keep Steve Johnson on the roster. I would get rid of Nick.


Agreed. I was HOPING you meant Nick.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4402
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #7 by Tucker Blair » June 27th, 2012, 3:48 pm

As long as its Avery or Hoes I don't really care much. I personally would go Avery since he's been up already.

I've been really impressed with both this week though.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #8 by birdwatcher55 » June 27th, 2012, 5:12 pm

I would leave both alone and let them fully develop. However I would see what we could acquire on ML level 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #9 by Don » June 27th, 2012, 6:02 pm

I would leave both alone and let them fully develop. However I would see what we could acquire on ML level


What? ... What do they have to do, hand springs in front of Dusty Baker?
User avatar
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 699
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 25

Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #10 by Tucker Blair » June 27th, 2012, 6:05 pm

Don wrote:
I would leave both alone and let them fully develop. However I would see what we could acquire on ML level


What? ... What do they have to do, hand springs in front of Dusty Baker?


LOL
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #11 by Matt P » June 27th, 2012, 8:11 pm

2-3 tonight with a run scored.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #12 by Jordan Tuwiner » June 27th, 2012, 10:05 pm

If Nick Johnson goes to the DL, Hoes or Avery could be on their way up.

Tolleson coming back would be funny, though.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #13 by Shorebirdfan » June 27th, 2012, 10:23 pm

I would prefer to see Avery back. I would be looking at letting Nick Johnson go also.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 559
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 15

Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #14 by Matt P » June 27th, 2012, 10:27 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:If Nick Johnson goes to the DL, Hoes or Avery could be on their way up.

Tolleson coming back would be funny, though.

Yeah, he probably hasn't even left town yet. Buck mentioned today when talking about Tolleson that the team has something like 9 straight right handed starters set up to face them in a row so that was part of the reason they sent Tolleson down. If Buck is looking at it like that maybe it will be Avery who is called up.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: With Tolleson gone, O's should give L.J. Hoes a look in LF

PostPost #15 by Tucker Blair » June 27th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Avery did not play today also (just felt like it was appropriate to pile on this speculation LOL)
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45


Next

Return to Baltimore Orioles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Seafordeagles and 5 guests