Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles sign Jamie Moyer to minor league contract

Re: Orioles sign Jamie Moyer to minor league contract

PostPost #16 by OriolesRedskins28 » June 21st, 2012, 2:04 pm

He can't be any worse than Hunter at this point. I think he can buy more time for Britton and Tillman to continue to develop to the point where the Orioles feel they are ready to join the ML staff for good. With Wieters' game calling skills and Moyer's command and uncanny ability to keep hitters off balance, I could see this working out (anything better than what Tommy Hunter has done thus far).
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #17 by osforlife » June 21st, 2012, 6:17 pm

I think he might be able to give us a few good starts. Just like OriolesRedskins28 said, he would at least bridge the gap until Britton comes in.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #18 by dan72 » June 21st, 2012, 9:11 pm

I honestly think he will do no better than Hunter or Arrieta. There is nothing to gain by promoting him. I'd much rather see a young guy get a chance than watch Moyer float 70 mph beach balls to the big hairy monsters of the east....... Give Tillman a chance, he is pitching well of late. He has cut back on the walks. If Tillman comes up and pitches well he could also be a chip for a trade to bring in Garza.
Moyer has no value in MLB, if he did there would have been a long line to sign him after Colorado dumped him. Moyer is not the future of this team.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #19 by dan72 » June 24th, 2012, 9:26 am

Just announce, O's release Moyer.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles