Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Chavez possibly to DL

Re: Chavez possibly to DL

PostPost #16 by Tucker Blair » June 14th, 2012, 12:16 am

Shorebirdfan wrote:
TuckerBlair89 wrote:yea I'm not quite sure what they are doing with Ryan Adams. He's now even losing playing time to players such as Blake Davis at AAA.

Ryan was placed on the DL on 5/13/12 with a broken right thumb.

Oh yea. Kinda forgot about that one.
Dumb statement on my part.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #17 by Ampontan » June 14th, 2012, 7:07 am

Rising O's wrote:Yep, to drop someone off the 40 man for Ford would be an awful decision. Mahoney is at the age where he should get a taste.

I'd like to see Mahoney make it as much as anyone else, but when you're hitting .250 at AAA with not that much power, it's too early to be giving him tastes. It's his first crack at that league, and Norfolk is supposed to be tough in April and May, so I'm not ready to write him off. A lot of people think he's deadweight that is a prime candidate to be cut.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #18 by osforlife » June 14th, 2012, 8:28 am

CSPitt17130 wrote:
Matt P wrote:Lew Ford is hitting like .370 why would he not be an option? No one is saying he is an everyday starter or would even stay in the big leagues for an extended period of time. The only reason most people would want him called up is to try and catch lightning in a bottle and see if he can't stay hot for a few weeks in Baltimore.

The best reason not to bring up Lew Ford is that he's not on the 40-man roster. Chavez is apparently day-to-day so this may be a moot discussion.

Yeah I wasn't sure what they were going to do with Chavez. But I figured it was worth a discussion. He could still possibly be going to the DL.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #19 by A_K » June 14th, 2012, 1:27 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Lew Ford??? LOL!! .. I find it fascinating how fans fall in love with AAAA types and never seem to give it up LOL :lol:

No one has fallen in love with Lew Ford. No person here seems to think he's anything more than an old scrub who's dominating a competition level far below his level, due mostly to his seniority.

But look what they're dealing with here. It's a question of which scrub you most prefer out of a pool of scrubs.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #20 by Tucker Blair » June 14th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Tolleson was the no-brainer here really.

Glad to see him back. I think he belongs in the bigs somewhere.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #21 by Rising O's » June 15th, 2012, 11:23 am

osforlife wrote:
CSPitt17130 wrote:
Matt P wrote:Lew Ford is hitting like .370 why would he not be an option? No one is saying he is an everyday starter or would even stay in the big leagues for an extended period of time. The only reason most people would want him called up is to try and catch lightning in a bottle and see if he can't stay hot for a few weeks in Baltimore.

The best reason not to bring up Lew Ford is that he's not on the 40-man roster. Chavez is apparently day-to-day so this may be a moot discussion.

Yeah I wasn't sure what they were going to do with Chavez. But I figured it was worth a discussion. He could still possibly be going to the DL.

Discussion is never moot. :ugeek:

Xavier Avery was given a taste. If you see the approach is good, and it looks like Mahoney is doing well now, you give them a chance to prove they can compete at the top level. Its a short look where the manager can pick and choose where to play him. And just like with Xavier, you send the guy back down if he starts to look overwhelmed. 2012's option is used for the year anyway and you do not put yourself in a situation of having to DFA a prospect for someone like Ford, or Hall or Tejada.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles