Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Tyler Kelly

Tyler Kelly

PostPost #1 by Rising O's » June 12th, 2012, 6:05 pm

Is he going to be moved back to AAA with Roberts gone? He was holding his own earlier in the year, I'd like to see him go back.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Re: Tyler Kelly

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » June 12th, 2012, 6:32 pm

I think that happened when the organization was making what seemed like 10 roster moves a day. I know this guy doesn't show up on any prospect lists, but he has made an All Star team 2 years in a row, and has just performed anywhere they put him.

Problem is finding him a solid home. 2nd is his natural position, but you have Schoop in Bowie, so you can't move him there.
Doubt he is every looked at as anything more than an organizational guy.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » June 12th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:I think that happened when the organization was making what seemed like 10 roster moves a day. I know this guy doesn't show up on any prospect lists, but he has made an All Star team 2 years in a row, and has just performed anywhere they put him.

Problem is finding him a solid home. 2nd is his natural position, but you have Schoop in Bowie, so you can't move him there.
Doubt he is every looked at as anything more than an organizational guy.

I think you summed it up fairly well.
Ty is a good player, and the type that probably needs to make these ASG to prove he is anything more than an org player.
He has done just that. I think they should let him move up and prove it the rest of the season.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #4 by Rising O's » June 13th, 2012, 11:43 am

24 still in A+...and its not like there is anyone at AAA to keep him off their roster. The Orioles confuse me. Its the perfect opportunity to move him up since Schoop will not be ready for a call-up until maybe mid 2013.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Return to Minor Leagues