Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Connor Narron

Connor Narron

PostPost #1 by Rising O's » June 7th, 2012, 11:02 am

I saw his stats today on the home page and decided look him up since he was a promising prospect in 2010 but someone I have not really heard about since then.

In June he has hit 3 homeruns in 20 at bats to go with a 550 average. He has 6 homeruns on the year, after hitting 0 in his first 300+ professional at-bats. He's hitting fewer ground balls, which is a good sign. After finishing 2011 with more walks 49, than strikeouts 47, someone looks to be telling him to take a more aggressive approach, or maybe its something he's doing on his own?

Either way its good to see him succeeding a little bit even with such a small sample. Keep it up and win the June award.

Oh and get him off 3rd, he does not look like he can play there. He should have the arm for RF. I wish I could split his offensive stats based on where he played position wise to see if his defensive struggles were messing with his head. Maybe I can check a few boxscores for June.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Re: Connor Narron

PostPost #2 by dan72 » June 7th, 2012, 10:55 pm

I saw him several times last year. He is not good at 3B to put it politely. He needs to be in the OF. He hits line drives and as his body fills out, the doubles he was hitting will turn to home runs. He showed flashes at Aberdeen....needs more pro experience. Another top pick that has potential. Still 3 years away unless he really turns it on.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #3 by Rising O's » June 9th, 2012, 8:49 am

His numbers indicate he is putting the ball in the air a lot more this year both in in flyballs and line drives. That is good news as it indicates a physical maturing. And we could certainly use some power corner outfielders and it looks like they've moved him off 3rd for the most part. Another multi-hit game for him last night.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

PostPost #4 by j.q. higgins » July 3rd, 2012, 7:02 am

5 2B, 4 HR, 10 BB in june. not too shabby.
j.q. higgins
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » July 3rd, 2012, 10:53 am

Yup, he's been one guy that really looks good recently. If Delmarva was not so damn far from here, I'd see them more often. Luckily we have guys such as Tim that do see them all the time.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #6 by Rising O's » July 3rd, 2012, 10:54 am

Starting off in July with 1 double and 1 HR in two multi-hit games. Good for him.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

PostPost #7 by Shorebirdfan » July 4th, 2012, 7:09 am

Connor has made more progress in a short period than anyone else at the Low A level this season. First, to clarify, Jason Esposito has been the regular 3B this season and I cannot recall Connor playing there even once. His slow start could have been attributed to playing time. When Ruettiger was here and Delmonico was playing first Connor got some time at DH and then filled in on off days. Lately he has split time at 1B with Winston Sawyer, played some LF and continued to DH. I feel getting regular reps is one of the most important factors for these young players and Connor is taking advantage of it. I ld actually like to see Connor abandon switch hitting and only hit from the left side of the plate where most of his power comes from (16 of his 20 XBH are from the left side).
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Return to Minor Leagues