Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

I have never seen someone look as bad as Exposito

I have never seen someone look as bad as Exposito

PostPost #1 by Matt P » May 23rd, 2012, 8:08 pm

I was at the game today and wow did he look horrible at the plate. Rich Hill threw him 92mph fastballs and blew them right by him. This guy needs to get sent down and they need to bring Paulino back up. All the talk about Paulino not being the best defensive catcher but the team was winning in his few games behind the plate (they aren't with Exposito) and Paulino is 100x the hitter Exposito is.

Flaherty also looked horrendous at the plate. There is no way he should still be on the team when Roberts, Reynolds, Reimold, and Chavez return. If they were playing to find out who can play and be a part of the future then I would be fine with him on the team but if they are really going to play to win there is no room for him. Try and make a deal with the Cubs but if an agreement can't be reached just offer him back. He could barely throw from the OF grass at 2B to 1B.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: I have never seen someone look as bad as Exposito

PostPost #2 by osforlife » May 23rd, 2012, 8:18 pm

I would have liked to see Paulino stay up as well. I'd give Flaherty some more playing time before Roberts gets back just so we at least gave him a legitmate chance. If he doesn't perform, he doesn't perform. I do like the kid though.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

PostPost #3 by Matt P » May 23rd, 2012, 10:26 pm

osforlife wrote:I would have liked to see Paulino stay up as well. I'd give Flaherty some more playing time before Roberts gets back just so we at least gave him a legitmate chance. If he doesn't perform, he doesn't perform. I do like the kid though.
His OBP is under .200 he doesn't deserve playing time on a 1st place team.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by Matt P » May 24th, 2012, 11:34 am

Another thing I really could not understand was why he gave the Red Sox a free out in the 9th. Why would you not bring in Hardy to pinch hit for Flaherty?
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » May 24th, 2012, 12:18 pm

Matt P wrote:Another thing I really could not understand was why he gave the Red Sox a free out in the 9th. Why would you not bring in Hardy to pinch hit for Flaherty?

I wondered this too. I guess they wanted to give Hardy a "full" day off. Which is silly in my opinion.

I do not think Expo is long for the Big league club. His defense behind the plate is above average, but his game-calling and batting are not. I think Paulino handled the job much better honestly.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #6 by Ampontan » May 24th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Matt P wrote:His OBP is under .200 he doesn't deserve playing time on a 1st place team.

Yeah, if he can't produce after 20 plate appearances, back to the bushes with him!
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #7 by Ampontan » May 24th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Teagarden started working out again, so this situation might not last for the rest of the year.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #8 by A_K » May 24th, 2012, 10:48 pm

If they return Flaherty to the Cubs it would prove that there is in fact a potential downside to a fluky hot start. This is a last place team that should do what needs to be done to keep their 7th best minor league prospect on the team through the end of the year, when he can go back to the minors and finish developing.
A_K
GCL Orioles

PostPost #9 by Matt P » May 25th, 2012, 12:59 am

Ampontan wrote:
Matt P wrote:His OBP is under .200 he doesn't deserve playing time on a 1st place team.

Yeah, if he can't produce after 20 plate appearances, back to the bushes with him!

I know it's a small sample size but have you seen him at the plate? He looks horrendous. I knew he looked bad when I saw him on TV but to see him in person get blown away by 92 and 93 mph fastballs from Rich Hill was just awful.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #10 by Ampontan » May 25th, 2012, 11:35 am

A_K wrote: This is a last place team...

I had to look twice to make sure the posting date wasn't May 25, 2011.

This last place team we're talking about is...the Orioles?
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #11 by CSPitt17130 » May 25th, 2012, 11:41 am

Ampontan wrote:I had to look twice to make sure the posting date wasn't May 25, 2011.

This last place team we're talking about is...the Orioles?

Talent-wise, they're closer to being a last place team than a first place team in this division. The disparity between the teams may be less than it has in the past though.
CSPitt17130
DSL Orioles

PostPost #12 by birdwatcher55 » May 26th, 2012, 7:04 am

My thoughts:
-- I would like to get Flaherty for his versatility and upside potential.
-- Exposito is what he is: stopgap for now. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #13 by A_K » May 26th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Ampontan wrote:This last place team we're talking about is...the Orioles?

The cartoon ones of Baltimore.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Return to Baltimore Orioles