Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Would You Trade Adam Jones For …….?

Re: Would You Trade Adam Jones For …….?

PostPost #196 by Zach » February 20th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Is Harper being groomed for CF? I was under the impression that he was going to be a corner outfielder. Bernandina seems to be the logical fit for them in CF going out of ST.
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #197 by ofahn » February 20th, 2012, 12:56 pm

osforlife wrote:in the end, I think the Nats will end up having Ankiel or Bernandina patrol CF until Harper gets called up.

I can see that happening too, but IF the Nats have a BIG spring and the Phillies have some problems I can see Washington decide to go for it.

What really works in our favor is the fact that three of the teams that NEED a RH bat or CF and match up best with us are in the same division. If Atlanta or Miami start making a play for Jones, the Nats may jump just to keep him away from the other two. We would be the winner in that war.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #198 by osforlife » February 20th, 2012, 6:08 pm

Zach wrote:Is Harper being groomed for CF? I was under the impression that he was going to be a corner outfielder. Bernandina seems to be the logical fit for them in CF going out of ST.

no, when he gets called up he will play Right Field. The plan is too have him play right and slide Werth over to center.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #199 by ofahn » May 25th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Well, I think we close this thread now.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #200 by Rising O's » May 27th, 2012, 12:47 pm

I'm happy and I'm happier the Orioles realized they needed Adam and that he wanted to stay.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles