Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

"Oswalt on O's radar"

"Oswalt on O's radar"

PostPost #1 by Matt P » May 24th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Roy Oswalt On Orioles' Radar

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [May 24, 2012 at 11:14am CST]

Free agent right-hander Roy Oswalt hasn't discussed a contract with the Red Sox or Rangers, according to the latest rumors. The Phillies have also been linked to Oswalt, who is expected to sign a new contract midseason. Here are the latest rumors:
•Oswalt is on the Orioles' radar, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com writes. Orioles executive VP of baseball operations Dan Duquette said this week that he's looking for ways of adding pitching depth, so it's not surprising they're eyeing Oswalt. Teams other than the Orioles, Red Sox, Phillies and Rangers may be involved, according to Heyman.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/05/r ... radar.html

I'm not sure the good start is enough to persuade him to come to Baltimore but if they are still in the race in a month or two maybe he would be interested. Either way, it's nice to see that Duquette realizes the O's need to upgrade the starting pitching if they are going to compete.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: "Oswalt on O's radar"

PostPost #2 by A_K » May 24th, 2012, 10:50 pm

No thanks. I'm happy to see Hunter sent to the minors or the bullpen once Britton is healthy, but I'd hate to lose a half season of development for Arrieta or Matusz to make room for a 35-year-old pitcher on a one-year deal while we aren't legitimate contenders in the first place.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #3 by Old Sneakers » May 25th, 2012, 4:14 am

I agree with what A_K has to say except the legitimate contenders part.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 33

PostPost #4 by birdwatcher55 » May 26th, 2012, 6:58 am

I don't see him signing here. I also question his health and ability to go 6-7 innings every fifth day 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » May 30th, 2012, 6:02 am

Take him off the radar. Signed with Texas Tuesday. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Return to Baltimore Orioles