Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Current Frederick Starters and Relative Stats

Current Frederick Starters and Relative Stats

PostPost #1 by chirping birds » May 14th, 2012, 10:53 am

Thought I'd look into the starting pitching as they start preparing for Bundy to get promoted. The Keys at this point need to cut bait and start over fresh for the second part of the season. Having two of the starters a combined (0-10) with a 6.39 ERA isn't going to help the cause. I'm hoping that when the lineup is adjusted, some of these guys are moved to the pen. This would allow Bundy to have his #1 spot, with another opening available for someone to win some games. What do you guys think?

Mike Wright: 7 starts (4-2), 3.35 ERA
Kyle Simon: 7 starts (0-6), 5.50 ERA
Scott Copeland: 7 starts (1-3), 5.91 ERA
Justin Moore: 5 starts (0-4), 7.62 ERA
Trent Howard: 1 start (0-0), 4.50 ERA
Combined 27 starts (5-15), 5.36 ERA
chirping birds
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Current Frederick Starters and Relative Stats

PostPost #2 by OriolesRedskins28 » May 14th, 2012, 3:16 pm

I think Mike Wright is the best prospect of the group so it's encouraging to see his relatively good numbers.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by Shorebirdfan » May 14th, 2012, 9:59 pm

I was surprised to see both Wright and Simon start in Frederick. Glad to see Wtight doing so well. Guess in hind sight, Simon would have been better off starting in Delmarva. I think 2nd half you could see Bundy, Wright, Howard and Bywater with one additional arm (Berry maybe?)

Lots of possibilities since most of these kids were starters in college or HS.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » May 15th, 2012, 7:51 am

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:I think Mike Wright is the best prospect of the group so it's encouraging to see his relatively good numbers.

He certainly is.
A few guys really like him. Heard Callis, Jason Parks, and a few others drop his name when talking about Orioles prospects.
I still have not seen him pitch besides spring training. That's a goal of mine this season.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Minor Leagues