Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Bridwell

Bridwell

PostPost #1 by LukeWalker » May 12th, 2012, 8:36 am

Im struggling to believe in this guy. Im not being mean, he needs to find it deep down inside himself and start get better results.
LukeWalker
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Bridwell

PostPost #2 by bird's fan » May 13th, 2012, 7:22 am

Luke, your not alone. He's another one of Stockstill's great moves. Great kid but I question the fire or the know how in him.
bird's fan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #3 by OriolesRedskins28 » May 13th, 2012, 10:31 am

bird's fan wrote:Luke, your not alone. He's another one of Stockstill's great moves. Great kid but I question the fire or the know how in him.

He and Dylan Bundy are teammates and friends. I see tweets from them about their workouts together fairly often. Maybe Dylan's work ethic/determination will rub off on him.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » May 13th, 2012, 11:07 am

I don't look at his numbers.
The kid has super talent. Some just take a little longer for it to click. I have been impressed with what I have read about him so far. He is going to be an up-and-down kind of prospect, so it is wise to not get too infatuated with his current statistics (which are really not even that bad, considering he was not considered a top 100 prospect in first place).

At young age 20 (august birth date), he still has PLENTY of time to learn and I like what I see with him at Delmarva
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #5 by CSPitt17130 » May 13th, 2012, 12:53 pm

bird's fan wrote:I question the fire or the know how in him.

How did you deduce this?
CSPitt17130
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #6 by Rising O's » May 14th, 2012, 9:49 am

Looking at his numbers he's improved from 2011 at A ball. I have no idea what his mound presence is like but he does not get hit hard and rarely gives up the long ball. I'm not sure what you are so down about with him.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #7 by LukeWalker » May 14th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Rising O's wrote:Looking at his numbers he's improved from 2011 at A ball. I have no idea what his mound presence is like but he does not get hit hard and rarely gives up the long ball. I'm not sure what you are so down about with him.

Looking at his numbers differently than you, during his time at Aberdeen his ERA was 4.21 and during his time with Delmarva his ERA is 5.50.
LukeWalker
DSL Orioles

PostPost #8 by LukeWalker » May 14th, 2012, 5:01 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:I don't look at his numbers.
The kid has super talent. Some just take a little longer for it to click. I have been impressed with what I have read about him so far. He is going to be an up-and-down kind of prospect, so it is wise to not get too infatuated with his current statistics (which are really not even that bad, considering he was not considered a top 100 prospect in first place).

At young age 20 (august birth date), he still has PLENTY of time to learn and I like what I see with him at Delmarva

He wasn't considered a top 100 prospect but he's been listed as #4 overall prospect in the organization before the season started. Our #4 prospect shouldn't really be an up and down kind of guy IMO.

For a guy with super talent, I would expect better results than this so far.
LukeWalker
DSL Orioles

PostPost #9 by ofahn » May 14th, 2012, 6:40 pm

LukeWalker wrote:Our #4 prospect shouldn't really be an up and down kind of guy

Please keep in mind that the ranking is based on POTENTIAL, not necessarily results. Let's give him until the end of next season before we make any long term evaluations.

Matt Hobgood was listed as one of our best prospects for a few years. That was based purely on his POTENTIAL because he had hardly pitched. Once he started accumulating some innings and the results were really disappointing he eventually fell off of the top ten list.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #10 by Rising O's » May 14th, 2012, 11:35 pm

2011: BB% 12.9 K% 12.9 22IP 23 hits 7.06 ERA 1.66 WHIP 4.27 FIP 45% grounders
2012: 8.3 15.8 31IP 31 hits 4.40 ERA 1.36 WHIP 3.94 FIP 51% grounders

52 IP 1 Home run allowed only 12 xbh.

His numbers are okay, improving from 2011.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #11 by bird's fan » May 16th, 2012, 12:34 pm

CSPitt17130 wrote:

How did you deduce this?
I've seen this guy pitch a number of times. I don't look at numbers much but I do look at how a pitcher handles himself and how competitive he is when times get tough. To me, he's lacking in those areas and I don't think he has command of his pitches to pitch his way out of trouble or the mental toughness. They keep saying this guy is a top prospect but he hasn't shown it, as of yet.
bird's fan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #12 by OriolesRedskins28 » May 16th, 2012, 2:16 pm

bird's fan wrote:
CSPitt17130 wrote:

How did you deduce this?
I've seen this guy pitch a number of times. I don't look at numbers much but I do look at how a pitcher handles himself and how competitive he is when times get tough. To me, he's lacking in those areas and I don't think he has command of his pitches to pitch his way out of trouble or the mental toughness. They keep saying this guy is a top prospect but he hasn't shown it, as of yet.

His scouting report coming out of HS was that he was a 3 sport athlete and projectable but very raw on the mound. The fact that he is struggling in the areas you mentioned should not come as a surprise. This is only his second year in pro ball. Hopefully over the course of this season he will begin to improve in those areas. Being Dylan Bundy's rotation mate can't hurt.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #13 by Tucker Blair » May 16th, 2012, 4:54 pm

bird's fan wrote:
CSPitt17130 wrote:

How did you deduce this?

he is 20 years old.

there are 29yo in the MLB that still cannot do this.
give him time.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Minor Leagues