Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

5/13/2012 v. Rays

5/13/2012 v. Rays

PostPost #1 by ofahn » May 13th, 2012, 11:26 am

Today's line up*:

Xavier Avery LF
J.J. Hardy SS
Nick Markakis RF
Adam Jones CF
Matt Wieters C
Nick Johnson DH
Chris Davis 1B
Robert Andino 2B
Ryan Flaherty 3B

Jake Arrieta RHP

I like this line up. Swap Brian Roberts for Andino at 2B (and lead off), Reimold/Betemit for Johnson at DH, and a platoon of Andino/Flaherty at 3B with Avery batting ninth and I think you have the right mix of defense and run production for a 85 to 90 win team. Consistent production from Markakis and Davis and you're looking at 93 or so wins. Add an average of at least 6 2/3 innings from our starters and a wild card is not unreasonable.

*Thanks to Roch Kubatko
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: 5/13/2012 v. Rays

PostPost #2 by ofahn » May 13th, 2012, 11:31 am

Happy Mother's Day to every Orioles' Mom out there; and particularly to those moms that have taken their kids to an Orioles' game when Dad wasn't available.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #3 by ofahn » May 13th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Nice AB by Avery. He worked the count and hit the ball squarely. Let's see how the rest of his day goes.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by DougDE » May 13th, 2012, 7:20 pm

Went to this game. Probably the greatest time at a loss I've ever had. It was electric when they were making the comeback. Disappointed in Arrietta tho. The consistency is just terrible. He's getting to the point where he's old enough and been around long enough where he needs to start stringing some good ones together
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Return to Game Threads