Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Gonzalez up next?

Gonzalez up next?

PostPost #1 by Ampontan » May 8th, 2012, 4:43 am

Everyone thought Neshek and Phillips would be the first bullpen callups, until Pomeranz emerged.

In fact, there might be another one under the radar at Norfolk --- Miguel (not Mike!) Gonzalez. 15 2/3 IP, 0.57 ERA, 2 H, 2BB, and 19Ks. Same age as Pomeranz (27) also out of baseball two years.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=gonzal004mig

Berken, Beresen, and Tillman aren't getting the job done. These guys are.

Is he next?
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Re: Gonzalez up next?

PostPost #2 by Rising O's » May 8th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Those are sick numbers. Could we be so lucky to find a stud who figured it out after being out 2 years?
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #3 by Matt P » May 8th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Rising O's wrote:Those are sick numbers. Could we be so lucky to find a stud who figured it out after being out 2 years?

Duquette and his scouts seem to have that eye for talent that MacPhail never had.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #4 by DougDE » May 9th, 2012, 4:30 am

Matt P wrote:
Rising O's wrote:Those are sick numbers. Could we be so lucky to find a stud who figured it out after being out 2 years?

Duquette and his scouts seem to have that eye for talent that MacPhail never had.

Cant say he never had it. He did bring in Strop. Also brought in Hardy for practically nothing. Not saying his tenure was even remotely successful, but there are some decent players in this org. that McPhail brought in
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » May 13th, 2012, 11:08 am

I'm not sure what to think of this guy. I have a feeling he is your typical AAAA player, although I have never seen him so it is a little juvenile for myself to cast that judgment.

If he continues to pitch that well, he will find himself in Baltimore at some point
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #6 by Ampontan » May 24th, 2012, 10:14 pm

Bumped this because he started and pitched 5 no-hit innings last night. It looks as if they're gradually stretching him out to be a starter (which he's done before).
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #7 by Tucker Blair » May 25th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Ampontan wrote:Bumped this because he started and pitched 5 no-hit innings last night. It looks as if they're gradually stretching him out to be a starter (which he's done before).

the mystery start! I laughed when I saw the box score because there's only so much I can do to find out Norfolk's next day starter. They are killing me this year!
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #8 by Ampontan » May 29th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Well, well, guess who's an Oriole now!
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Return to Minor Leagues