Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Talks with Izzy and Wiggy

Talks with Izzy and Wiggy

PostPost #1 by 2131andBeyond » November 17th, 2010, 1:26 am

Per MLBTradeRumors.com reporters down at the winter meetings in Orlando:

Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail says there haven't been major developments with free agents Cesar Izturis or Ty Wigginton since the O's expressed interest in both when the offseason ended.

I personally expect both to re-sign. What do y'all think of each one?
2131andBeyond
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Talks with Izzy and Wiggy

PostPost #2 by hsbaseballcoach » November 17th, 2010, 10:40 am

I would love to see Wiggy resign and assume the role of super utility guy. His versatility would provide plenty of AB's. Izturis is another story for me. I think he should resign based simply on the fact that I am not sure there is enough in the Orioles farm system to acquire a power bat (if free agency fails) and a quality SP. Since Baltimore is not high on any free agent's list of destinations - use some pieces to get the power bat that they desperately need, resign Izturis, and make a run at a starter like de la Rosa.
hsbaseballcoach
DSL Orioles

Re: Talks with Izzy and Wiggy

PostPost #3 by 2131andBeyond » November 17th, 2010, 2:45 pm

hsbaseballcoach wrote:I would love to see Wiggy resign and assume the role of super utility guy. His versatility would provide plenty of AB's. Izturis is another story for me. I think he should resign based simply on the fact that I am not sure there is enough in the Orioles farm system to acquire a power bat (if free agency fails) and a quality SP. Since Baltimore is not high on any free agent's list of destinations - use some pieces to get the power bat that they desperately need, resign Izturis, and make a run at a starter like de la Rosa.

I think Wiggy needs to re-sign as the utility guy, and NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. His average gets on my nerves when he is an every day guy. Especially when the power fell out, he was practically useless.

Izzy will be re-signed because our money will be spent on 1B/3B. Or even go for a Uribe-type who can play all over.

Speaking of De La Rosa, check out the latest thread on him. I wrote about how he was a speculated FA looked at by the O's.
2131andBeyond
DSL Orioles

Return to Baltimore Orioles