Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

What Move Would Grind Your Gears The Most?

Re: What Move Would Grind Your Gears The Most?

PostPost #16 by ofahn » February 4th, 2012, 9:28 am

jwmann2 wrote:Trading Adam Jones. He's a spark plug in the outfield. The front office has made it clear that they won't be doing that but can you trust them? Never.

I can understand your desire to keep the best team possible on the field right now but why keep Jones for two years when we won't be a playoff team when you can trade him for two or three players that might be part of a playoff team?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #17 by Beaker » April 26th, 2012, 11:20 am

Giving an extension to Kevin Gregg. :P
Beaker
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #18 by Tucker Blair » April 27th, 2012, 11:14 am

I would have to say that mine is certainly still possible. Although it's more because Reimold cannot stay healthy
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #19 by dan72 » April 27th, 2012, 7:11 pm

If we are in the hunt at the trade dead line it will be curious to see what management does. I know that scenario isn't likely but I would love to see the Orioles land a real front line starter. What kills me or grinds my gears is that the Nats go out and score Gio Gonzalez and Edwin Jackson. Either one of those guys would change our team dramatically.
I feel like Adam Jones will eventually be traded. Wieters I think will sign with us but it will be costly. If we were to lose Wieters that would burn me up to.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #20 by Matt P » April 28th, 2012, 11:42 am

Matt P wrote:Signing a DH like a Damon, Matsui, or even re-signing Vlad.

At least I won't have any grinded gears this season :D
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #21 by Ampontan » April 29th, 2012, 3:56 am

ofahn wrote:I can understand your desire to keep the best team possible on the field right now but why keep Jones for two years when we won't be a playoff team when you can trade him for two or three players that might be part of a playoff team?

Classic treading water philosophy.

We got Adam Jones because we traded Bedard, who wasn't going to be part of a playoff team, for a guy who might be part of a playoff team. So now we trade him? I suspect the same thing happens.

At some point you take a stand and pay the people you have instead of churning.

Yes, that means keeping Jim Johnson.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles