Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Tillman

Re: Tillman

PostPost #61 by Ampontan » March 25th, 2012, 11:11 pm

OriolesRedskins28 wrote: If it doesn't work out then shift him to the bullpen next year (or deal him).

I'm OK with this, but if he doesn't work out as a starter, we're not going to get much for him in a deal. AM offered him to the DBacks for Reynolds, but Arizona didn't bite. I think we all would have liked to have Hernandez in the pen last year.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #62 by dan72 » March 26th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Tillman is best 1 time through the line up. The second time through he really struggles. Not sure if its mental ie. lack of focus. His stuff is not good enough to get him out of trouble. If he can cut down the walks he can be useful. I see him as a long reliever. 2-3 innings.
I have seen him in the minors and in the majors. On some nights he has no hit type stuff, other nights he can not get out of trouble. Hard to get a real picture of what he is because with him it's one extreme or the other. I also agree that there is a problem in the organization that has damaged the progression of our young pitchers and I hope Duquette can find and fix the problem.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #63 by Ampontan » March 27th, 2012, 4:33 am

dan72 wrote:His stuff is not good enough to get him out of trouble.

Do you think there's a chance that changes through Anderson's fitness program?
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #64 by Beaker » April 25th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Watch for Tillman to get the first shot at replacing Matusz if he continues to struggle in the rotation.
Beaker
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #65 by birdwatcher55 » April 25th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Beaker wrote:Watch for Tillman to get the first shot at replacing Matusz if he continues to struggle in the rotation.

I hope you are right. It's time to cut bait with Matusz 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #66 by Beaker » April 25th, 2012, 3:38 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:
Beaker wrote:Watch for Tillman to get the first shot at replacing Matusz if he continues to struggle in the rotation.

I hope you are right. It's time to cut bait with Matusz 8-)
I think it will either be Tillman or Bergesen.
Beaker
DSL Orioles

PostPost #67 by CSPitt17130 » April 25th, 2012, 3:44 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:I hope you are right. It's time to cut bait with Matusz 8-)

I'm assuming you only mean demote to AAA. You can't possibly want to give up on Matusz entirely at this point.
CSPitt17130
DSL Orioles

PostPost #68 by Beaker » April 25th, 2012, 3:50 pm

CSPitt17130 wrote:
birdwatcher55 wrote:I hope you are right. It's time to cut bait with Matusz 8-)

I'm assuming you only mean demote to AAA. You can't possibly want to give up on Matusz entirely at this point.
Matusz is way too young to be released. I think he just needs to go down and learn to get his confidence up. He has some good stuff.
Beaker
DSL Orioles

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles