Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Dylan Bundy Is Perfect In His Pro Debut

Re: Dylan Bundy Is Perfect In His Pro Debut

PostPost #16 by Matt P » April 17th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Orioles top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy just completed his third outing as a pro and he has now pitched the equivalent of a nine-inning no-hitter over his three games for the Single-A Delmarva Shorebirds.
In the first inning tonight vs. Hagerstown, the 19-year-old right-hander got a strikeout, followed by a pair of ground outs. In the second inning he got a fly out and then a pair of strikeouts. In the third he retired the first two hitters on ground outs before allowing a two-out walk before getting an inning-ending ground out.
So Bundy retired the first 26 batters he faced as a pro before allowing a two-out walk in the third inning tonight.
His line tonight: 3 IP, 0H, 0R, 1BB, 3K.
His line for the season so far: 9 IP, 0H, 0R, 1BB, 15K.
Bundy went to the bullpen to throw more under the watchful eye of Orioles director of pitching development Rick Peterson tonight after his outing ended at Salisbury's Perdue Stadium.
Trent Howard came on to pitch in the top of the fourth of a scoreless game in relief of Bundy.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_melewsk ... bundy.html
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #17 by Shorebirdfan » April 17th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Topped out at 98 MPH I'm told. Everyone I know that was there was VERY impressed. Next outing is scheduled for next Tuesday. I asked Ryan Minor and Troy Mattes about the decision to base work off IP rather than pitch count and was told it was about a combination of both. Now that was asked in general for the entire staff and not specifically about Dylan. I still feel that pitch count should be the factor in the length they work. I have not heard any reports on Dylan's pitch count tonight.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #18 by ofahn » April 18th, 2012, 6:34 am

Shorebirdfan wrote:Topped out at 98 MPH I'm told. Everyone I know that was there was VERY impressed. Next outing is scheduled for next Tuesday. I asked Ryan Minor and Troy Mattes about the decision to base work off IP rather than pitch count and was told it was about a combination of both. Now that was asked in general for the entire staff and not specifically about Dylan. I still feel that pitch count should be the factor in the length they work. I have not heard any reports on Dylan's pitch count tonight.

Thanks for sharing that insight.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #19 by Matt P » April 24th, 2012, 7:04 pm

4ip 0h 0bb 6k tonight in his 4th start.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #20 by Shorebirdfan » April 24th, 2012, 9:33 pm

first chance I've had to actually attend a Bundy start. He is certainly everything people are writing about. Sat 95-97 most of the night and touched 98 a couple times (on the stadium gun). He broke off a couple curveballs at about 78mph that you will never see in Low A (or probably AA for that matter). Simply froze guys who have never seen pitching of that caliber. What I liked most is the way he gets into his groove and works quickly. No wasted time, no wasted motions and he looks effortless. It seems like he is throwing in the pen. I'm sure I'll only get a couple more chances to see him before Frederick comes calling, but the numbers certainly reflect the gap between other in Low A and Dylan. 13IP, 40 batters faced, 0H, 0R, 1BB, 21K.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #21 by Old Sneakers » April 25th, 2012, 1:24 am

Good stuff Shorebirdfan!

It's hard not to be excited by the start he's had. I wonder though how many pitches per start will they let him get up to before really considering a promotion. Any ideas?
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 33

PostPost #22 by Beaker » April 25th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Bundy continues to pitch amazing and his scoreless streak is still in tack.
Beaker
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues