Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Jamie Moyer

Jamie Moyer

PostPost #1 by CamdenRevival » October 26th, 2010, 10:52 am

I know it doesn't exactly benefit the youth movement to sign a guy that is almost 50, but Jamie Moyer is available and could be a great boon to a young pitching staff. I admit there are a lot of cons, but I imagine what the young guys (specifically Matusz & Britton as lefties) could gain from having Moyer around. He'd be a much better mentor than Millwood, whether it's conditioning or making your performance exceed your talent (two things he has obviously excelled at). He'd definitely be a cheap one-year deal. If his time is up, he'll still be around for spring training. If he pitches well, you deal him at the deadline. could be dealt at the deadline.
CamdenRevival
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Jamie Moyer

PostPost #2 by 2131andBeyond » October 26th, 2010, 1:35 pm

The question there is: Is it really worth it? We brought Millwood in not only to mentor, but to be a solid innings-eater. Moyer doesn't really bring that, and isn't a top of the rotation presence like Millwood was (well, coming in to the season). So is it worth it for a mentor type like him being older and not a top presence on the mound, or let Britton/Tillman come up and struggle a bit (hopefully not) and establish themselves?
2131andBeyond
DSL Orioles

Re: Jamie Moyer

PostPost #3 by LukeScottsShotgun » November 10th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Something tells me throwing a fastball below 85 MPH will not work in the AL East. Plus, didn't he just suffer a pretty big injury? Moyer will always be one of my favorite players though.
Baltimore! BUCK YEAH! Coming into save the MOTHER BUCKING day yeah!

http://flavadave10.wordpress.com
LukeScottsShotgun
DSL Orioles

Return to Baltimore Orioles