Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Manny Machado and Jonathan Schoop are COLD

Manny Machado and Jonathan Schoop are COLD

PostPost #1 by docjj » April 24th, 2012, 4:49 am

ughhhh.....

They'll probably turn it around at some point. But just once, I'd like to see a top prospect start out red-hot and stay red hot....! Never happens with the O's for some reason...
docjj
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: Manny Machado and Jonathan Schoop are COLD

PostPost #2 by ofahn » April 24th, 2012, 7:05 am

docjj wrote:.224

ughhhh.....

They'll probably turn it around at some point. But just once, I'd like to see a top prospect start out red-hot and stay red hot....! Never happens with the O's for some reason...

They both started this way at Frederick last year and made the adjustments. By the time of the playoffs they were both smoking against some of the best pitching in the league.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by ljmillar22 » April 24th, 2012, 7:42 am

Im not too worried about the numbers at the moment, if it continues the organisation might need to do something, but like Ofahn said it happened last year at Frederick and they turned it round. Will keep an eye on them and see what happens, does anyone know what Schoop and Machados OBP numbers are at AA?
ljmillar22
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #4 by CSPitt17130 » April 24th, 2012, 9:02 am

ljmillar22 wrote:Im not too worried about the numbers at the moment, if it continues the organisation might need to do something, but like Ofahn said it happened last year at Frederick and they turned it round. Will keep an eye on them and see what happens, does anyone know what Schoop and Machados OBP numbers are at AA?

Machado - .234/.333/.391
Schoop - .228/.302/.351

docjj wrote:.224

ughhhh.....

I wouldn't be worried about numbers this early. They're also 19 and 20 middle infield prospects at AA. Being disappointed that they're not sustaining a hot streak for an entire season is asking too much.
CSPitt17130
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #5 by ofahn » April 24th, 2012, 11:28 am

This is the second time in their young professional careers that these two have struggled. IMO that's a GOOD thing. It makes it very clear that they will have to WORK HARD to be successful and it also shows them that there's a reason why they should listen to their instructors.

My guess is that they'll be better prepared when they hit the majors.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #6 by OriolesRedskins28 » April 24th, 2012, 1:51 pm

ofahn wrote:This is the second time in their young professional careers that these two have struggled. IMO that's a GOOD thing. It makes it very clear that they will have to WORK HARD to be successful and it also shows them that there's a reason why they should listen to their instructors.

My guess is that they'll be better prepared when they hit the majors.

Well said. Being successful in the majors is about making adjustments from game to game and even from at bat to at bat. It will be good for them to get some experience with failure and making adjustments.

Also, like CSPitt said they are very young for AA so I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

I do like that Machado is taking walks, that is definitely a positive to take out of his season thus far.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #7 by Matt P » April 24th, 2012, 2:34 pm

CSPitt17130 wrote:I wouldn't be worried about numbers this early. They're also 19 and 20 middle infield prospects at AA. Being disappointed that they're not sustaining a hot streak for an entire season is asking too much.

Exactly
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Return to Minor Leagues