Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Zach Britton status?

Zach Britton status?

PostPost #1 by rauserka » April 23rd, 2012, 12:10 pm

Has anyone heard anything about Zach Britton's shoulder problem? Back in ST he was targeting late April or early May for his return to Batimore.

Since we haven't heard anything, I'm wondering if no news is good news? or not...
rauserka
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: Zach Britton status?

PostPost #2 by ofahn » April 23rd, 2012, 12:41 pm

The team has not been very forthcoming, but I understand that Britton recently tweeted that he was doing well and would be back in the near future.

IMO we're probably looking at him being available about 20 to 30 days after he pitches his first game on a rehab assignment.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by ofahn » April 23rd, 2012, 1:45 pm

Here's a quick update on Orioles' left-hander Zach Britton, who's been rehabbing his left shoulder at the minor league complex in Sarasota.

Britton has spent the last few days long-tossing from 120-plus feet. He threw a few pitches off a mound today with a catcher in front of home plate.

"Just an exercise to get my arm used to that angle again," he said. "My arm feels strong and healthy."

Britton doesn't know when he'll be ready to pitch in a game.

"I'm sure Chris (Correnti) and I will have a better idea after this week," he said.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roc ... today.html
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by Beaker » April 25th, 2012, 10:59 am

I thought he was on track for a Mid May return to the club.
Beaker
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Baltimore Orioles