Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Shorebirds roster

Re: Shorebirds roster

PostPost #16 by Tucker Blair » April 17th, 2012, 2:09 pm

This team couldn't be performing any better.
They are knocking the cover off the ball.
The starters are all pitching extremely well and showing plenty of promise.
They are stealing tons of bases.
the MRP has been terrific.

Count me as very impressed by the Shorebirds so far.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #17 by ofahn » April 18th, 2012, 11:03 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:This team couldn't be performing any better.
They are knocking the cover off the ball.
The starters are all pitching extremely well and showing plenty of promise.
They are stealing tons of bases.
the MRP has been terrific.

Count me as very impressed by the Shorebirds so far.

Some of these guys could be fast movers. I wouldn't be surprised if DYLAN Bundy, Jason Esposito, Trent Howard, and Johnny Ruettiger finish the year on Bowie's roster.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #18 by bird's fan » April 18th, 2012, 5:16 pm

These guy are playing very well. Hopefully they keep it going and a number of them will be moving up>
bird's fan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #19 by Shorebirdfan » April 20th, 2012, 12:08 am

bird's fan wrote:These guy are playing very well. Hopefully they keep it going and a number of them will be moving up>

The only major concern I've seen so far is the bullpen. In my discussion with Minor he mentioned that the decision to limit starters and go with a 6 man rotation would obviously impact the pen also. He stated that the goal was to work bullpen arms longer than seen in previous seasons. So typical would be a starter going 5 and first arm out of the pen finishing the other 4 (assuming pitch count does not become a factor). Also he mentioned a closer by committee. That's the part I have an issue with. I think Devin Jones should be the closer. So far the pen has blown 2 leads in the ninth that turned into loses and late in the recent homestand nearly lost 2 others that they had large leads in.

Other than that I agree. Very pleased with the start of the season. Amongst all the talk around Bundy, Esposito and Delmonico, I'd have to say the most exciting player to watch everyday has been Lino. I remember last season the ball simply sounded different coming off Machado's bat because he always made solid contact. I'd compare Lino to him in this manner. He always hits the ball hard, driving everything he makes contact with. The fact he is only 18 makes it even more impressive. Don't want to get too far ahead of myself on this kid, but sure seems like he could have the makings of something special.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #20 by Matt P » April 20th, 2012, 1:36 am

How long will Lino be there? That .967 ops with the .396 obp is pretty impressive for an 18 year old.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #21 by Ampontan » April 20th, 2012, 3:58 am

Some people who have seen Lino play wonder if he is really 18. Visas and passports have gotten greater scrutiny over the past decade, so you'd think that the listed ages these days are legit, but they think he's older based on the eyeball test.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #22 by Tucker Blair » April 20th, 2012, 8:10 am

Matt P wrote:How long will Lino be there? That .967 ops with the .396 obp is pretty impressive for an 18 year old.

I would say for a little while longer. He could "probably" move to Fredrick. But I am not sure he is quite ready.
He is still young and they have a few catchers coming back after suspensions (Ohlman, Ward).

that being said, he is the first name i look for when i check the Delmarva Box score
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues