Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Chen Debut 4/10/12 vs Yankees

Re: Chen Debut 4/10/12 vs Yankees

PostPost #31 by Matt P » April 10th, 2012, 9:48 pm

What's that like 0-8 with RISP now? What a joke.

At least the pitching is doing good. Just have to hope the O's can somehow score another run.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #32 by Rising O's » April 10th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Where is the aggression at the plate?
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #33 by Matt P » April 10th, 2012, 10:03 pm

This is just pathetic.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #34 by Matt P » April 10th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Leadoff walk? You gotta be kidding me.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #35 by Matt P » April 10th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Wow, Strop looked incredible after that walk.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #36 by Matt P » April 10th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Another pathetic inning offensively.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #37 by Matt P » April 10th, 2012, 10:32 pm

Damn it. It was only a matter of time though. Can't hold down this lineup forever.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #38 by Matt P » April 10th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Hindsight is 20/20 but two bad decisions lead to that run.

1 - Pitching to Ibanez. Should have walked him and pitched to Stewart with the bases loaded. Singleton was in favor of it as they were walking Granderson.
2 - Throwing that slider to Ibanez. Bad call by Wieters to not stick with the fastball.

Regardless of the outcome the bullpen was great tonight. This game is on the offense, especially Reynolds.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #39 by Rising O's » April 10th, 2012, 10:45 pm

The first one is probably the best you are going to get from Rivera and they take it.

:evil: I really hate losing to that team.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #40 by OriolesRedskins28 » April 10th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Matt P wrote:Hindsight is 20/20 but two bad decisions lead to that run.

1 - Pitching to Ibanez. Should have walked him and pitched to Stewart with the bases loaded. Singleton was in favor of it as they were walking Granderson.
2 - Throwing that slider to Ibanez. Bad call by Wieters to not stick with the fastball.

Regardless of the outcome the bullpen was great tonight. This game is on the offense, especially Reynolds.

My first thought after Ibanez's double was WHY THE SLIDER??? Strop was blowing fastballs with filthy movement by everyone, why go to the slider in that situation?!? Poor call by Wieters.

Reynolds is AWFUL. I think he's the worst player with a starting job on the team. I didn't see the error in the 6th, but I thought he could have made that tough play on Cano's double in extra innings, and that misplay where he lost the ball in foul territory was embarrassing. He's a major leaguer, there's no excuse for such mistakes. How long will it take for Buck to realize that Reynolds is not an acceptable option at third base? How many more games will he cost the team before this happens?

The bullpen was great. Patton looked good and I loved Strop. The 97 mph fastball he threw to strikeout Jeter was one of the nastiest pitches I've ever seen. Too bad he gets charged with the loss off of a poor decision to call a slider to Ibanez...

I thought Chen looked good. Could have been a little bit better with his command but maybe the weather had an effect on him, I mean look how much it effected Freddy Garcia!

Overall a very disappointing loss but this is the type of game that we as Orioles fans have become accustomed to. Especially against the Yankees...
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #41 by Matt P » April 11th, 2012, 8:11 am

Reynolds also had an at bat with a man on 3rd and 1 out. Take a guess what he did in that situation.

He's just a bad player. I actually cringe every time the ball is hit to 3rd base. He has power and that's great but he can't do anything else other than hit HR and when he isn't hitting HR he is the worst player in the starting lineup. I just hope they start playing Flaherty or Andino at 3B sooner rather than later and we don't have to wait for him to have another 20+ errors before they make the switch. He should have 4 or 5 errors already if Davis didn't bail him out.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Game Threads