Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Matusz vs. Yanks 4/9/12

Matusz vs. Yanks 4/9/12

PostPost #1 by DougDE » April 9th, 2012, 7:24 pm

Looks like Matusz is really trying to throw hard at the expense of location. His left leg is flying across his right over towards 3B after he releases. Lot of high pitches. Did hit 93 couple times but without good results
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: Matusz vs. Yanks 4/9/12

PostPost #2 by Zach » April 9th, 2012, 8:42 pm

It seemed to me that he was just pressing too much today. Instead of pitching with a chip on his shoulder, he seemed to be pitching as though he was pitching while looking over his shoulder. He has heard all of the criticism directed towards him this offseason and knows that the fanbase and possibly the managment doubts him and he looked to be pitching to not get rocked instead of pitching to win.
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #3 by DougDE » April 9th, 2012, 8:51 pm

2 terrible strike calls by ump on Kakes. On the other hand, the strikezone graphic proved how good Kakes eye is. You know when he gives the ump a speach, he's right. Glad to hear Palmer taking the umpires to task
DougDE
GCL Orioles

PostPost #4 by DougDE » April 9th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Wieters having a nice start to season. 4 for 4 tonight. Is he the best player on this team now? I think it's between him and Hardy
DougDE
GCL Orioles

PostPost #5 by osforlife » April 10th, 2012, 3:22 pm

DougDE wrote:Wieters having a nice start to season. 4 for 4 tonight. Is he the best player on this team now? I think it's between him and Hardy

I don't have any doubt in my mind Wieters is the best player on this team.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Return to Game Threads