Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Opening Day Lineup

Opening Day Lineup

PostPost #1 by Matt P » April 6th, 2012, 7:46 am

Nolan Reimold LF
J.J. Hardy SS
Nick Markakis RF
Adam Jones CF
Matt Wieters C
Wilson Betemit DH
Mark Reynolds 3B
Chris Davis 1B
Robert Andino 2B

Jake Arrieta RHP

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roc ... ineup.html

I love Reimold batting lead off as it's something I've been saying should happen since last Spring Training. I don't really like Reynolds and Davis back to back though.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: Opening Day Lineup

PostPost #2 by DougDE » April 6th, 2012, 8:41 am

Matt P wrote:I love Reimold batting lead off as it's something I've been saying should happen since last Spring Training. I don't really like Reynolds and Davis back to back though

Given the options, I like this lineup too. I hope they give Reimold a minimum of 2.5 to 3 months of regular play no matter the results because he's at an age where we need to know now. If strikeout machines such as Reynolds and Davis are gonna be in there at the same time, at least it's toward the bottom. You could put Betemit between them but I dont know that simply splitting them up will produce better results. If somebody at the top struggles I could see the hotter of the 2 sliding up anyway
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #3 by osforlife » April 6th, 2012, 9:45 am

I guess this is the year Jones and Wieters are to produce their potential. No more hiding them in between veterans or putting them down in the order anymore. 4th and 5th. I like it.

I was saying all winter I think Reimold could handle leading off. He's got most of the right tools to leadoff.

I'am suprised Markakis is batting third and Hardy is batting second. Kakes seems more suited for the #2 spot.

This would have been my lineup. Reimold, Markakis, Jones, Wieters, Hardy, Reynolds, Betemit, Davis, Andino.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #4 by Rising O's » April 6th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Finally the baby birds are at the core. Go Adam, Matt and Jake!
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Return to Baltimore Orioles