Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Best of 5 Series

Best of 5 Series

PostPost #1 by DougDE » October 9th, 2010, 4:06 am

I was wondering what everyone's opinion is about the Division Series being best of 5. I personally dont like it. I think baseball is more of a marathon type game and any playoff series should be best of 7. Teams play for 6 months to figure out who gets to go to the postseason and then have a bad 2 games and it's practically over. I assume it's like that since the end of the World Series already flurts with Nov. but I dont think thats a good enough reason to sell teams short. I'd like to see a 154 game regular season but I know that isn't happening so my solution would be to schedule 3 or 4 double headers during the season. Like have a double header during each of the holiday weekends and that would free up the 3 days needed to add the 2 games to the Div Series.
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: Best of 5 Series

PostPost #2 by LukeScottsShotgun » October 9th, 2010, 12:45 pm

DougDE wrote:I was wondering what everyone's opinion is about the Division Series being best of 5. I personally dont like it. I think baseball is more of a marathon type game and any playoff series should be best of 7. Teams play for 6 months to figure out who gets to go to the postseason and then have a bad 2 games and it's practically over. I assume it's like that since the end of the World Series already flurts with Nov. but I dont think thats a good enough reason to sell teams short. I'd like to see a 154 game regular season but I know that isn't happening so my solution would be to schedule 3 or 4 double headers during the season. Like have a double header during each of the holiday weekends and that would free up the 3 days needed to add the 2 games to the Div Series.

I like the 5 game series for the ALDS. I don't want to see snow during my baseball games, thank you. Also, you don't want to exhaust teams too much.
Baltimore! BUCK YEAH! Coming into save the MOTHER BUCKING day yeah!

http://flavadave10.wordpress.com
LukeScottsShotgun
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Bleachers