Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Minor League Camp

Minor League Camp

PostPost #1 by bird's fan » March 27th, 2012, 9:35 am

Does anyone know what's going on in Minor League Camp? I understand they released/cut a number of players today.
bird's fan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Minor League Camp

PostPost #2 by Don » March 27th, 2012, 10:19 am

Today is the global landscape of minor cuts and unconditional releases. The teams are being aligned and the numbers crunch game means a number of quality players are going to be looking for work.

These are times that some rough diamonds can be found by other organizations, as well as, the Orioles finding a player. I know of 4 Orioles Milb players that were given their unconditional releases, but I expect it to be a much larger number by the end of the day.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by bird's fan » March 27th, 2012, 2:24 pm

[quote="Don"]Today is the global landscape of minor cuts and unconditional releases. The teams are being aligned and the numbers crunch game means a number of quality players are going to be looking for work.

These are times that some rough diamonds can be found by other organizations, as well as, the Orioles finding a player. I know of 4 Orioles Milb players that were given their unconditional releases, but I expect it to be a much larger number by the end of the day. /quote]
Last edited by bird's fan on March 27th, 2012, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bird's fan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #4 by bird's fan » March 27th, 2012, 2:28 pm

I guess today is the day when these young players realize that baseball really is a business, tough lesson to learn.
bird's fan
DSL Orioles

Return to Minor Leagues