Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Ravens' Draft

Ravens' Draft

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » February 7th, 2012, 6:17 pm

Our draft needs look pretty cut and dried from this vantage point:
-- Big center who can move bodies and shut down the middle.
-- Tough inside linebacker to pair with Ray and eventually assume his role.
-- SURE-HANDED wide receivers
-- Durable backup RB.
-- Fleet footed safety

Feel free to add to this Wish List as the NFL draft nears 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Ravens' Draft

PostPost #2 by Zach » February 8th, 2012, 9:47 am

I would go with ilb in the first round. Ray looked really slow in that game against the pats and we need to have someone step into that position to eventually take over. The two that look like the best fits in the draft IMO are Dont'a Hightower and Vantaze Burfict.
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #3 by birdwatcher55 » February 10th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Zach wrote:I would go with ilb in the first round. Ray looked really slow in that game against the pats and we need to have someone step into that position to eventually take over. The two that look like the best fits in the draft IMO are Dont'a Hightower and Vantaze Burfict.

Yes no question Ray has slowed down .. whether this be his age or lingering effects from the toe problem he had earlier- it was pretty apparent. How about D'Qwan Jackson from the free agent list?? Personally I would like the offensive line issue settled first by maybe drafting the center from Wisconsin if all possible. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by birdwatcher55 » March 26th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Looks like we focus on OG/C, DE and S in the draft. No fourth round pick. Need a power back as well and some LB help down the line 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » April 5th, 2012, 11:54 am

I'm starting to think LB might be #1 priority after OG/OT. I think a lot depends on what value is available at our pick OR do we trade up or down as many think we will... 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #6 by Beaker » April 25th, 2012, 11:46 pm

Offensive Guard or Center should be what we focus on in the first round.
Beaker
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #7 by Matt P » April 26th, 2012, 2:31 am

Should draft a QB :P
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #8 by Beaker » April 26th, 2012, 6:16 am

Matt P wrote:Should draft a QB :P
A lot of Ravens fans probably think this way. :lol:
Beaker
DSL Orioles

PostPost #9 by Beaker » April 27th, 2012, 3:11 am

Ravens trade 1st pick to Vikings .
Beaker
DSL Orioles

PostPost #10 by birdwatcher55 » April 30th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Unspectacular but solid draft, filling needs at OG/C, OLB, RB and WR. I like our third round pick. Are we sending RR a message??? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #11 by birdwatcher55 » April 30th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Very solid 2013 draft. LOVE our top pick and it seems we got an absolute steal with Brown at #2. My only complaint: waited too long to draft a wide receiver and no solution at LT from what I can see. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #12 by osforlife » April 30th, 2013, 2:46 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Tough inside linebacker to pair with Ray and eventually assume his role.

Not really a football fan, but the only "Ray" in the Ravens is Ray Rice, and he is a running back. There's Ray Lewis, but didn't he retire?
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #13 by birdwatcher55 » May 3rd, 2013, 12:45 pm

Yes Ray Lewis is retired. Just my two cents: you could see Rice being moved in the next year or two because of the size of his contract and the fact the Ravens have an excellent backup RB 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #14 by osforlife » May 4th, 2013, 2:32 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Yes Ray Lewis is retired. Just my two cents: you could see Rice being moved in the next year or two because of the size of his contract and the fact the Ravens have an excellent backup RB 8-)

Yes, but you said you wanted the Ravens to draft a linebacker to PAIR with "Ray" and then take over his role. How can you pair somebody with somebody who has retired? If you mean Ray Rice, then how do you pair a linebacker with a running back?
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #15 by birdwatcher55 » May 6th, 2013, 12:42 pm

ost #1 by birdwatcher55 » February 7th, 2012, 6:17 pm
osforlife wrote:Yes, but you said you wanted the Ravens to draft a linebacker to PAIR with "Ray" and then take over his role. How can you pair somebody with somebody who has retired? If you mean Ray Rice, then how do you pair a linebacker with a running back?

If you check back you will see I was referring to the 2012 draft when Ray Lewis was still a member of this team. As it turned out, we didn't draft anybody in 2012 to fill that role next to Ray. In this year's draft, we took a nice prospect out of Kansas to replace Lewis and signed McClain as a FA. We'll have to see how this all works out. You simply don't replace a legend like Ray Lewis if know and understand anything about football 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Next

Return to Baltimore Ravens