Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Adam Jones

Adam Jones

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » March 24th, 2012, 10:41 am

Anyone else think he's primed for a huge season?? I'm wary about drawing comparisons but he looks like a young Frank Robinson to me. The guy has tremendous power and I'm real comfortable having him hit fourth in the lineup. Remember watching him his rookie season and he hit a shot at Fenway that was just monstrous 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Adam Jones

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » March 24th, 2012, 11:04 am

I wouldn't go THAT far, but yea it wouldn't surprise me to see him belt 30 HR. still need to see him be a little more patient over the Long stretch, but you never know.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #3 by ofahn » March 24th, 2012, 12:16 pm

IF IF IF he could stay off of the low and outside pitch he would see a LOT more of the pitches he could really drive. He will NEVER take the next step until he does.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by Zach » March 24th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Yeah I think this is the year he needs to really work on his pitch selection. He has the tools to be an all-star center fielder and is still young enough to develop into it. I think this will be his breakout year as well.
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #5 by Matt P » March 25th, 2012, 1:24 am

Every off season I hear "if Adam Jones can improve his pitch selection" or "if Adam Jones can just lay off the low and away breaking ball" followed by something about him being a star, elite player, etc. I think it's time that people just realize that is who he is.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #6 by Zach » March 25th, 2012, 9:04 am

He is still only 26! He is still young and has the time to develop his game. It is too early to give up on him especially with what he has shown thus far.
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #7 by Matt P » March 25th, 2012, 2:50 pm

By no means am I giving up on him. I just think it's time we come to terms with the fact that he is a good player and is going to be a good player. He's not going to be a great player.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Return to Baltimore Orioles