DougDE wrote:I dont have strong opinions on the coaching staff other then I want Buck to have complete say over it, and I think he does. I do think it's probably time for a change and hitting coach and I like the Surhoff suggestion
Don wrote:Pitching Coaches:
I would like to see Kranitz return becuase I think the limitations were the result of playing the matchup game with the manager and not the development of the young pitchers. He grabs their ears and they listen and work with him. What can truly be gained from one instructor to another. In reality and trust me, there is little differences between guys other than in between start regimens. But I will play along....
1. Chuck Hernandez - He has worked with youth in the past and seen good results with many teams. He is in the Phillies organization this season, but it would not surprise me one bit if he already landed another job. He is that good.
2. Dave Schmitt - A current roving instructor has worked with almost the entire staff for season and has a good knowledge base for the game. Former Oriole would work well for the crowd.
Datz is a solid guy, but as your bench coach he has to be the extension of the manager. They usually want someone rather close to them. I would not be surprised to see Wakamatsu because of the history. Wakamatsu may or may not be burned out be his stint with the Mariners and may take time from the game.
1. Dwanye Murphy - Good baseball mind that has solid experience as hitting coach, base coach, and years of roving instructor. He, along with Butterfield, were the first two coaches to join Buck. At the very least, he could be a guy for first base next season.
2. Butterfield - Again, history with Buck takes him to the top of the list.
What is nice is that bothguys come from winning staffs that know what it taeks for teams to reach the next level.
Well I am a Crowley supporter, but I will play along.
1. Jaramillo - He is one of the better ones in the game and may not stick around with Cubs after this season.
2. Rick Dowd - Favorite of Buck and a former Orioles hitting coach when Davey was manager.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests