Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

O's/Duquette remain active in the international market

Re: O's/Duquette remain active in the international market

PostPost #16 by ofahn » March 11th, 2012, 11:11 am

Ampontan wrote:Why spend that money on someone who is inconsequential when you can buy a 6-10 draft pick for the same amount?

But you only get FIVE picks from 6 to 10. This is like a bonus pick.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #17 by A_K » March 11th, 2012, 4:27 pm

The signing bonus-based conclusion was in response to a specific either-or question. I like the signing and think the Orioles should make many more just like it every season.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #18 by Don » March 11th, 2012, 5:28 pm

Lin has a few things to hold his hat. From what I was told, he sits more 86-88 mph and will touch low 90's. The spin is not that tight on the break and looked more upper 60's to very low 70's. His quick read makes me think bullpen seeing the slot and slight stresses in his arm action.

Overall it is a kid under 20 that has some promise and not every player sits at the top of the rotation. He can maybe improve with diet and training and make something out of himself. I like the arm speed and some other aspects, if Ray thinks he can project, he could add to the depth of arms under the age of 21.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #19 by Ampontan » March 12th, 2012, 9:11 pm

ofahn wrote:
Ampontan wrote:Why spend that money on someone who is inconsequential when you can buy a 6-10 draft pick for the same amount?

But you only get FIVE picks from 6 to 10. This is like a bonus pick.

Yeah, it was a rhetorical question. I like the signing too. I was just trying to put it into perspective in financial terms.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles