Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Three Greatest Parts of the 2011 Season

Three Greatest Parts of the 2011 Season

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » February 16th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Enjoy some laughs Orioles Fans, you need them!

Three Greatest Parts of 2011
2011 was obviously a disaster of a season for the Orioles. However three things were born in this disastrous season that made me oh so happy:

1. The Blooper that made me laugh all night:

This play will forever stick in my mind. It happened in the Orioles very first series of the year down in Tampa. Johnny Damon, I just want to take the time to thank you for the greatest laugh I had the entire year.

2. Strop Sign

The birth of the Strop sign happened once the Orioles traded Mike Gonzalez for Pedro Strop. Most Orioles fans rejoiced because they had traded away Gonzalez. I rejoiced because we got the Strop Sign in return. I am prepared to tweet this image every time he K's someone in 2012.

3. Trollioles

Last but not least, the ultimate part of the 2011 season. It was the very last game of the season, when Robert "Swagdino" Andino and the Orioles knocked the Boston Red Sox out of the playoffs. That was a great moment, and it allowed the Orioles to end the season on a strong note. But then Fangraphs posted this image, making it that much better of a moment.

I hope 2012 has a few hilarious and awesome parts like the three above.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Re: Three Greatest Parts of the 2011 Season

PostPost #2 by Zach » February 16th, 2012, 8:16 pm

You have to include the last game of the season. Knocking the Red Sox out of the playoffs was an amazing feeling.
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #3 by Matt P » February 17th, 2012, 2:01 am

Wow, I thought this was just a joke post on jsp.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » February 17th, 2012, 10:21 am

Matt P wrote:Wow, I thought this was just a joke post on jsp.
it was a joke post everywhere
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #5 by ofahn » February 17th, 2012, 10:27 am

For me, the greatest part of the 2011 season was the last six minutes of it when we dug the hole for the Sux and the Rays threw them in it by beating the Yankees.

Somewhere, Chuck Thompson looked at his friends and smiled while he said "AIN'T THE BEER COLD!"
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Baltimore Orioles