Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

David Stockstill's scouting report on Pita Rona

David Stockstill's scouting report on Pita Rona

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 3rd, 2012, 6:38 pm

The Orioles signed Pita Rona -- a third baseman from New Zealand -- a few weeks ago. Here's what David Stockstill had to say about Rona in an article on Baseball America:

"Pita Rona is a very athletic young player who has been successful at softball, a big game internationally for New Zealand," director of international operations David Stockstill said. "He runs well, has good bat accuracy, shows good power potential and has good throwing accuracy. He's 6-feet-5. He's been a softball player and is switching over to baseball. We believe he has the raw tools and the ability to make the switch and become a very good baseball player. We believe his foot quickness and arm strength will allow him to make the adjustment from softball shortstop to baseball third base."
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: David Stockstill's scouting report on Pita Rona

PostPost #2 by Zach » February 3rd, 2012, 8:55 pm

We should sign Jennie Finch next... Sorry I couldn't resist
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: David Stockstill's scouting report on Pita Rona

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » February 3rd, 2012, 11:48 pm

Zach wrote:We should sign Jennie Finch next... Sorry I couldn't resist

LOL

seriously though, it's a signing I can't complain with at all. He certainly has a project-able body frame
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Minor Leagues