Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Baseball Intellect Just to put it out there

Baseball Intellect Just to put it out there

PostPost #1 by Rising O's » January 24th, 2012, 1:12 am

Some interesting movement in their top 15. http://www.baseball-intellect.com/balti ... ects-2012/

1. Dylan Bundy | RHP | Age – 19 | Grade – A- … See his full report below…

2. Manny Machado | SS | Age – 18 | Grade – A- … Set back a bet by injuries, but he’s one of the top two shortstops in baseball.

3. Jonathan Schoop | SS/2b/3b | Age – 20 | Grade – B/B- … Solid all around player

4. Nick Delmonico | C/3b | Age – 19 | Grade – B- … Advanced hitter for his age, potential above average regular

5. Jason Esposito | 3b | Age – 21 | Grade – B- … A few questions about his bat, but he’s a very good defender with solid power.

6. Parker Bridwell | RHP | Age – 20 | Grade – B-/C+ … See his full report on the next page…

7. Clay Schrader | RHP | Age – 22 | Grade – C+ … Power stuff…misses lots of bats, but needs to throw more strikes

8. Dan Klein | RHP | Age – 24 | Grade – C+ … Like him a lot, but injuries leave me wondering how often he’ll make it through an entire season. Health problems will also keep him out of the starting rotation most likely.

9. Ryan Flaherty | UTI | Age – 25 | Grade – C+ … Rule-5 selection can play a bunch of different positions and has average tools across the board with the bat…

10. Eduardo Rodriguez | LHP | Age – 19 | Grade – C+ … Potential back of the rotation starter with a chance to be a middle guy.

11. Gabriel Lino | C | Age – 18 | Grade – C+ … Sleeper alert…good defensive catcher showed some intriguing power last season.

12. L.J. Hoes | 2b/3b/LF | Age – 22 | Grade – C+ … Plate discipline is best skill, but power is well below average. His could work at second base or in a utility role, but it won’t work in left field or third base.

13. Bobby Bundy | RHP | Age – 22 | Grade – C+ … Brother of No. 1 prospect Dylan, Bobby probably works best out of the bullpen

14. Ryan Adams | INF | Age – 25 | Grade – C+/C … Possible utility guy, but how many positions can he play?

15. Roderick Bernadina | CF | Age – 19 | Grade – C … Intriguing prospect who had a successful season in the Gulf Coast League…sleeper to watch out for.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

Re: Baseball Intellect Just to put it out there

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » January 24th, 2012, 11:25 am

Interesting...Not sure I agree with a few of their ratings or what they say about certain players.

thanks for sharing this.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #3 by Shorebirdfan » January 25th, 2012, 4:44 am

I think the fact that there are 6 teenagers on the list speaks volumes to the fact that our top prospects are strongly based on potential and not actual performance. Three of our top 5 have yet to put on a uniform professionally.

I think it reflects the lack of player development within the organization.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #4 by Rising O's » January 25th, 2012, 11:17 am

I like their aggressiveness with rankings. Hardball Times is another site which I like to read for their insight but for after doing a quick search I did not find their 2012 prospect list for us.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #5 by A_K » January 25th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Man, that's the most bearish projection on Bobby Bundy I've ever seen. Anyone out there that knows more about prospects than I do have a take on their "sell" rating on the elder Bundy?
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #6 by dan72 » February 1st, 2012, 7:53 pm

Bridwell has huge upside. I question the Orioles ability to develop any pitchers at this point.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #7 by OriolesRedskins28 » February 2nd, 2012, 12:28 am

A_K wrote:Man, that's the most bearish projection on Bobby Bundy I've ever seen. Anyone out there that knows more about prospects than I do have a take on their "sell" rating on the elder Bundy?

I was befuddled at Bobby Bundy's low rating because last year Baseball Intellect had him as a potential sleeper. It's not like he had a bad year, he improved across the board at High A as a 21 year old and failed at AA. I still like him as a back of the rotation innings eater one day.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #8 by Don » February 2nd, 2012, 12:01 pm

Never take any one person's opinion as gospel, as it is one person's opinion.

Did they get it from second hand source, did they get it into a single focus (outing), etc... no one clearly defines anything.

I am not a ranker, not a grader, not this or that in public....you point out what they can do and what they need to work on in the parent club.....I hate to pigeon hole these kids, but this is what the public wants and what they get...for what it is worth.

Edit: I have said this so many times. Any public forum is looking for "view" and "sales", so they will make the off the cuff remarks to get you to look at them and buy into their program. Not all are agenda driven, but a fair amount are in this day and age.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to Minor Leagues