Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

#49 Prospect - Dudley Leonora

#49 Prospect - Dudley Leonora

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 22nd, 2010, 9:34 am

http://orioles-nation.com/2010/09/22/on ... y-leonora/

I like his defensive skill set and the offensive potential is there. High upside.

GCL Video >>
Full top 50 list
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: #49 Prospect - Dudley Leonora

PostPost #2 by Don » September 22nd, 2010, 10:40 am

I know we do not agree on him, but we agree on Jonathan.

I think Dudley has one good thing going for him at the plate. He has extreamly quick hands and wire power frame. I think he is too noisy in the box and wastes alot of power with dipping his hips. I know I was highly critical a few months back when you showed the side tape.

The tape was limited. I could have short changed him because of his age and knowledge base. He has a lot of room for baseball growth, but he requires alot of one on one training with better instruction. He is not a lost cause by any means, but he will have to change his entire setup, long term, to be productive.

#49 is about right simply because tools ooze from this young guy. I would expect Jonathan to be in the low to mid 30's because I feel his potential at this point clearly surpasses every other position player you covered in the GCL.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Re: #49 Prospect - Dudley Leonora

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 23rd, 2010, 12:10 pm

Don wrote:I know we do not agree on him, but we agree on Jonathan.

I think Dudley has one good thing going for him at the plate. He has extreamly quick hands and wire power frame. I think he is too noisy in the box and wastes alot of power with dipping his hips. I know I was highly critical a few months back when you showed the side tape.

The tape was limited. I could have short changed him because of his age and knowledge base. He has a lot of room for baseball growth, but he requires alot of one on one training with better instruction. He is not a lost cause by any means, but he will have to change his entire setup, long term, to be productive.

#49 is about right simply because tools ooze from this young guy. I would expect Jonathan to be in the low to mid 30's because I feel his potential at this point clearly surpasses every other position player you covered in the GCL.

Agreed. Schoop is higher than the 30's for me, but I think we both know he is a much better prospect than Leonora, at this point. Nice to see an international guy establish himself as a legit prospect, somewhat.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Minor Leagues