Jai Miller has some things gong for him, but he must tweak his approach to the plate for his power to showcase on the parent club. I had told Jordan that he is currently a fastball only hitter and not many pitchers will have the ability to blow one by him, nor the ability keep him from turning on one.
He must learn to be patient at the plate, a bit more selective, and work on pitch recognition. He had some solid advanced last season that show he could amount to more than minor league depth, but he has to take the mental part of this game to really push forward.
For Jai to really take the next step, he must show the ability to produce with off speed pitching and remain selective at the plate. His swing is a tad long, but it is not the reason he is a "Fence or bench" player.
1. Remain patience in the box and allow the game to come to you at the plate.
2. He must stop chasing bad pitches out of the zone.
3. Lay off the junk in pitchers counts
4. Get ahead of the pitcher and force him to make the mistake.
5. Use your bat speed, hand strength to kill the baseball, when the pitcher makes a mistake.
Mental aspects are the ones that truly set guys a part. If Jai Miller can get the mental side of hitting, he can be lighting in a bottle.