Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

One and Done

One and Done

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » December 25th, 2011, 7:18 am

John Madden said it years ago: two things happen to an NFL team. You either get better or you get worse. We're going south fast my friends. This is a classic one and done team. Time for some big changes in the offseason, starting with Flacco. Time for Ed and Ray to retire. Go get Luck!! 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: One and Done

PostPost #2 by DougDE » December 27th, 2011, 12:43 pm

I also dont think they're getting better at this point. However they do win most home games so if that first one's at home, odds are they'll win it. I think you start with Cameron in the offseason. I'm also losing faith in Flacco, but I dont know who's available that would be better. Luck is completely out of the question for a team not going to draft in top 10. The defense is aging and slowing fast, hard to argue with the idea that maybe some of the older stars should hang em up. I was even starting to think it about JJ
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #3 by birdwatcher55 » December 29th, 2011, 4:05 pm

Personally, I'm Flacco-ed out. Seen enough of a pretty average QB. If not Luck, please bring in a veteran and draft a young kid in the first round - much like Cincinnati did. Then re-work the defense: time for Ed and Ray to go. They've been great pros and their next stop is Canton, but time to reshape this defense with younger talent. Oh yeah, curtains to Cameron. I have to think if Harbaugh doesn't fire him, Biscotti will. Happy Holidays. Enjoy the offseason, which is fast coming 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by Jordan Tuwiner » December 30th, 2011, 12:53 am

I think you may be overreacting a bit with Flacco. He was a very good quarterback last year. I think a lot of his problems this year may have to do with just being unfamiliar with the receivers. I know he's been bad with year but I'm going to be a bit more harsh on judging him next year. Then we'll decide if he should be kept or let go.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » January 4th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Personally I've seen enough of Flacco after four years. Go get Flynn 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #6 by Tucker Blair » January 5th, 2012, 1:33 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Personally I've seen enough of Flacco after four years. Go get Flynn 8-)

Flynn is 28 and has started less than a handful of game in the NFL. Flacco has the most wins of ANY QB throughout their first 4 years. I cannot fathom the reasons why Baltimore Fans want to get rid of Flacco so badly.

No matter what I write or say, it will not change peoples minds either.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #7 by Jordan Tuwiner » January 6th, 2012, 10:05 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Personally I've seen enough of Flacco after four years. Go get Flynn 8-)

Silly. Flacco was an excellent quarterback in 2010. I'm not really sure what people want to see from him.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #8 by birdwatcher55 » January 9th, 2012, 4:11 pm

"Excellent" quarterbacks lead teams to the next level. It hasn't happened here and it will never happen here. Time to admit this is the wrong guy, cut bait and bring in a competent NFL quarterback 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #9 by Tucker Blair » January 9th, 2012, 4:29 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:"Excellent" quarterbacks lead teams to the next level. It hasn't happened here and it will never happen here. Time to admit this is the wrong guy, cut bait and bring in a competent NFL quarterback 8-)

If I am not mistaken, the Ravens are the #2 seed, just had a bye, and are getting ready for their home playoff game.
How can you possibly say he cant take them to the next level when he already has essentially.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #10 by Matt P » January 10th, 2012, 7:33 pm

Anything is possible in the NFL but they should be able to beat the Texans this week.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #11 by birdwatcher55 » January 12th, 2012, 1:53 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:
birdwatcher55 wrote:"Excellent" quarterbacks lead teams to the next level. It hasn't happened here and it will never happen here. Time to admit this is the wrong guy, cut bait and bring in a competent NFL quarterback 8-)

If I am not mistaken, the Ravens are the #2 seed, just had a bye, and are getting ready for their home playoff game.
How can you possibly say he cant take them to the next level when he already has essentially.

Talking Super Bowl. Been here before. This team doesn't have the right stuff 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #12 by birdwatcher55 » January 12th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Matt P wrote:Anything is possible in the NFL but they should be able to beat the Texans this week.

I don't see it happening. I see Houston winning and moving on to New England. We just don't have it for various reasons 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #13 by Matt P » January 14th, 2012, 2:57 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:
Matt P wrote:Anything is possible in the NFL but they should be able to beat the Texans this week.

I don't see it happening. I see Houston winning and moving on to New England. We just don't have it for various reasons 8-)

The closer it gets to Sunday the more I am starting to think the Texans have a shot. I don't know though, the Ravens are great at home and they have been desperate for a home playoff game for years. That stadium should be going crazy, not sure if the 3rd string rookie QB can handle that kind of pressure. Joe Flacco is always the biggest question mark with the Ravens though, you just never know what you're gonna get out of him. They need Ray Rice to get at least 20 touches in the game.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #14 by birdwatcher55 » January 14th, 2012, 10:13 am

The Ravens just don't seem to have the right pieces. Their secondary coverage is really suspect, the pass rush relies on gimmick blitzes and age is a factor at several positions. I haven't even got to Flacco yet. I just think this organization needs to get realistic this offseason. I personally would sign Rice long term, bring in a new QB and spend most of the draft addressing our defense. Just my two cents 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #15 by Matt P » January 15th, 2012, 2:05 am

Well, those gimmick blitzes and mediocre secondary could be enough against the rookie Yates.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Next

Return to Baltimore Ravens