Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Merry Christmas To All

Merry Christmas To All

PostPost #1 by ofahn » December 25th, 2011, 5:38 pm

I understand this might not be an appropriate topic in the Orioles' section but I wanted to thank everyone that has shared their opinion in this forum this year. I feel privileged to be able to voice my opinion and am humbled to discover every day how much I can learn from my fellow fans.

I would like to thank Jordan and the Orioles Nation Staff for the truly professional work they do and how much joy it brings me each day when I read other member's comments. I don't always agree with other member's opinions but I read them all and remind myself that:

I would rather disagree with a fellow about baseball than agree with my silence.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Merry Christmas To All

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » December 27th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Thanks for posting this ofahn.

I am glad you enjoy posting and learn from our forums. We're pleased with how much they have grown in 2011, and we hope to add more features and users in 2012.

Happy holidays to all!
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by birdwatcher55 » December 27th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Thanks Jordan and to you and our fellow ON posters: HAPPY, HEALTHY HOLIDAYS. MAY ALL YOUR WISHES BE FULFILLED!!! :)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #4 by ofahn » December 27th, 2011, 4:57 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Thanks Jordan and to you and our fellow ON posters: HAPPY, HEALTHY HOLIDAYS. MAY ALL YOUR WISHES BE FULFILLED!!! :)

I'm not blaming Santa but I would like to note that I DID NOT find a restocked farm system under my tree.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » December 28th, 2011, 2:09 pm

ofahn wrote:
birdwatcher55 wrote:Thanks Jordan and to you and our fellow ON posters: HAPPY, HEALTHY HOLIDAYS. MAY ALL YOUR WISHES BE FULFILLED!!! :)

I'm not blaming Santa but I would like to note that I DID NOT find a restocked farm system under my tree.

It won't happen in one Christmas my friend ;)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #6 by ofahn » December 28th, 2011, 2:31 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:It won't happen in one Christmas my friend

But it could have.................................
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #7 by Tucker Blair » December 28th, 2011, 11:29 pm

Happy holidays guys!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.

I probably will not be TOO active on here for the next couples days, so have a good new years!
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #8 by birdwatcher55 » December 29th, 2011, 2:26 pm

ofahn wrote:

Not when Uncle Pete has his checkbook closed :lol:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #9 by ofahn » December 29th, 2011, 2:41 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:
ofahn wrote:

Not when Uncle Pete has his checkbook closed :lol:

Money wasn't necessary to restock the farm system unless they would have signed Cespedes and Soler. Simply trading Jones, Hardy, and Guthrie for the right prospects would do it. Save the big bucks for when it would make a difference.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #10 by birdwatcher55 » December 29th, 2011, 3:01 pm

I really don't know where you are coming from to be honest. On one hand, you want to sign unknowns and big gambles like Cespedes and Soler but will not spend on proven talent like Fielder. Pardon me, but where is that logic going??? At age 27, Fielder would be a major coupe for this organization and someone you could plug into the middle of the lineup for years. In addition, you want to essentially gut this franchise by dealing its top three assets and reduce the franchise to 45-50 win territory. I'm not sure after 14 consecutive losing seasons you would have a fan base left. My belief is when you have assets, you add to those assets and continue to spend on scouting and development and let the blend come together like a nice drink. I'm guessing you want to follow the Tampa imprint for success and if you are then you need to concentrate on pitching and not the likes of Cespedes and Soler who are really iffy prospects. All things being equal, I would rather spend my money on proven star power and let the farm system and development fill our other needs. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #11 by ofahn » December 29th, 2011, 3:45 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:At age 27, Fielder would be a major coupe for this organization

If "coupe" means HORRIBLE DISASTER BEYOND ALL DESCRIPTION in some obscure language, then I agree.

birdwatcher55 wrote:I'm guessing you want to follow the Tampa imprint for success and if you are then you need to concentrate on pitching and not the likes of Cespedes and Soler who are really iffy prospects.

Do I want to emulate Tampa? @*$#&%*@! A RIGHT, I DO!!! I agree you concentrate on pitching which is why I am suggesting we trade for ML ready pitching prospects and sign a ML ready OF along with an OF that should be ready for the Class of 2014. You know, grow the arms and buy the bats.

birdwatcher55 wrote:I would rather spend my money on proven star power

In other words, you want to continue on the same course that has given us 14 years of misery. At some point management is going to grow a brain and realize that we need to rebuild and add enough YOUNG talent to be a winner. If we keep following the "win now" idea there may NOT be a fan base left when they finally get around to doing it the right way.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #12 by birdwatcher55 » December 30th, 2011, 12:11 pm

ofahn wrote:
birdwatcher55 wrote:At age 27, Fielder would be a major coupe for this organization

If "coupe" means HORRIBLE DISASTER BEYOND ALL DESCRIPTION in some obscure language, then I agree.

birdwatcher55 wrote:I'm guessing you want to follow the Tampa imprint for success and if you are then you need to concentrate on pitching and not the likes of Cespedes and Soler who are really iffy prospects.

Do I want to emulate Tampa? @*$#&%*@! A RIGHT, I DO!!! I agree you concentrate on pitching which is why I am suggesting we trade for ML ready pitching prospects and sign a ML ready OF along with an OF that should be ready for the Class of 2014. You know, grow the arms and buy the bats.

birdwatcher55 wrote:I would rather spend my money on proven star power

In other words, you want to continue on the same course that has given us 14 years of misery. At some point management is going to grow a brain and realize that we need to rebuild and add enough YOUNG talent to be a winner. If we keep following the "win now" idea there may NOT be a fan base left when they finally get around to doing it the right way.

At 27, I would say Prince would qualify as "YOUNG" talent, wouldn't you say??? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #13 by birdwatcher55 » December 30th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Does the same go for women?? ;)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #14 by ofahn » December 30th, 2011, 1:19 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:At 27, I would say Prince would qualify as "YOUNG" talent, wouldn't you say???

I suggest you satisfy your Fielder fixation by signing him to your fantasy team.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #15 by birdwatcher55 » December 30th, 2011, 2:38 pm

I don't do fantasy teams. I live in the real world. Fielder is a big time time talent that would certainly be a huge upgrade for this franchise. But if Cuban maybes are your thing, then jump in my friend 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Next

Return to Baltimore Orioles