Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles reach agreement with Endy Chavez

Re: Orioles reach agreement with Endy Chavez

PostPost #31 by ofahn » December 21st, 2011, 12:03 am

Matt P wrote:Why would that Nationals ruin one of the brightest futures in baseball just to compete for 2-3 years?

With that farm system it wouldn't be short term.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #32 by ljmillar22 » December 21st, 2011, 8:45 am

Saw this when we signed Endy, im very interested in what is said about Angle and infield, is this just a rumour?

'What it does do, however, is add another veteran player and give manager Buck Showalter some flexibility in using both Reimold and Chavez. The departure of the left-handed-hitting Felix Pie, who signed a Minor League with the Indians this winter, left the Orioles without a true backup for Jones. Speedy outfielder Matt Angle, who bats left-handed and plays center field, debuted last season -- though the organization wanted him to get infield work this winter, hinting at perhaps a position change or more of a utility role.'
ljmillar22
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #33 by Tucker Blair » December 21st, 2011, 9:49 am

ljmillar22 wrote:Saw this when we signed Endy, im very interested in what is said about Angle and infield, is this just a rumour?

'What it does do, however, is add another veteran player and give manager Buck Showalter some flexibility in using both Reimold and Chavez. The departure of the left-handed-hitting Felix Pie, who signed a Minor League with the Indians this winter, left the Orioles without a true backup for Jones. Speedy outfielder Matt Angle, who bats left-handed and plays center field, debuted last season -- though the organization wanted him to get infield work this winter, hinting at perhaps a position change or more of a utility role.'

I think it's pretty clear they want Angle to get more seasoning in the minors. He could certainly use it too. It's a 1yr deal so it's not as if they are blocking him from anything.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #34 by kwalker35 » December 26th, 2011, 4:59 pm

All the availiable outfielders out there, we sign Endy Chavez. You gotta be kidding me . What direction does this organization want to go , really ?
kwalker35
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #35 by ofahn » December 26th, 2011, 5:06 pm

kwalker35 wrote:What direction does this organization want to go , really ?

What scares me is that the only way that Dan Duquette may have been able to get his job is to tell Peter Angelos what he wanted to hear. To wit: we DON'T need to rebuild again.

WRONG!
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #36 by kwalker35 » December 26th, 2011, 5:16 pm

amen to that ofahn. how in the world are they gonna sell any season tickets ? The few corporate sponsors has to be thinking " should I advertise where their are no patrons ? " What advantage do I have advertising here ? Damn it, have some direction !!!
kwalker35
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles