Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Matusz to be Dealt??

Matusz to be Dealt??

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » December 13th, 2011, 4:15 pm

Chatter on OH today seems to point in that direction 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Matusz to be Dealt??

PostPost #2 by Don » December 13th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Yes, trade him when he has no value, comeback we he shows an uptick in value.

If the Orioles trade him at a low point, they are doing a disservice to the organization. It is partially there mistake and they need to own up to it.

The chances of him be traded from my understanding is .01%. The price tag is high where other team will not bite.

Love baseball rumors that make no sense!
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by A_K » December 13th, 2011, 4:30 pm

When you say " It is partially their mistake and they need to own up to it," what specifically are you referring to? Is it just that they rushed him to the majors, or was it the messing with his grip in spring training last year, or are you talking about something else?
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #4 by Don » December 13th, 2011, 4:39 pm

There are a great deal of aspects I fail to agree with the Orioles on how they handle pitching staffs, off-season conditioning, in-season conditioning, etc... Both the organization and the player need to find that middle ground to ensure proper dialogue. He and the Orioles have had their issues and both are right with their complaints.

Either way, it does not mean that you give up on a young, cheap arm when he is a nickle or dime on the dollar type. The package you would get is short term stop gap or players not up to his ability.

If he rebounds, maybe the value increases. It is this time that the organization and player should part ways. There is too much bad blood that has been created the past two years and both need a clean slate, only when he gets back to form and the package for him because fair or in Orioles favor.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

PostPost #5 by Don » December 13th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Saying this....I have heard concerns and the fences were being mended. Seeing that Brady is working with Matusz, I feel fairly confident in my belief of those remarks that everything was trying to be worked out are true.

Rick Adair is a very easy going guy, not many people have bad things to say about his personality and his approach-ability. I hear some people saying that Matusz is a drama queen or a child head case.... I just think he was very frustrated because it was his first time truly failing. Hopefully he understands what it takes to be a professional and his efforts this off-season might be showing everyone a new guy.

He will be in Norfolk and earn his promotion when he is ready, maybe a new attitude in the spring squashes all of this nonsense.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

PostPost #6 by A_K » December 13th, 2011, 4:58 pm

Could you provide further detail of this comment:

"He and the Orioles have had their issues and both are right with their complaints."
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #7 by birdwatcher55 » December 16th, 2011, 4:36 pm

I would probably not cut bait with him right now but if we have a chance to get a TOR guy who could pitch effectively in the AL East, I would seriously have to think about it 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Return to Baltimore Orioles