Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Twins Claim Pedro Florimon

Twins Claim Pedro Florimon

PostPost #1 by ofahn » December 5th, 2011, 2:39 pm

The Minnesota Twins claimed AA shortstop Pedro Florimon on waivers after the Orioles outrighted him to clear space on their 40 man roster prior to Thursday's Rule 5 draft.

I don't see this as a great loss for the organization as SS seems to be the position we have the most talent at system wide. Agree? Disagree?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Twins Claim Pedro Florimon

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » December 5th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Now I have nothing to gripe about on the Orioles 40-man roster. It's just not fair!

I have been a HUGE advocate of taking him off the 40 man for a while. I am genuinely not a fan of him (as a player of course!) But a little surprised to see a team claim him...Guess he did have some form of value.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #3 by ofahn » December 5th, 2011, 2:45 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:But a little surprised to see a team claim him...Guess he did have some form of value.

The Twins have a shortage of middle infielders at their upper levels. Limited risk on their part and no guarantee that he stays on their 40 man roster.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by DougDE » December 5th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Have zero problem with this player not being in the organization. Not a major leaguer and been around long enough
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #5 by Shorebirdfan » December 6th, 2011, 10:09 pm

I am so glad to this happen. I never could understand how anyone say him as a potential prospect.

Average fielder terrible bat.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #6 by Matt P » December 6th, 2011, 10:38 pm

I don't have any problem with it. He was dead weight on the 40 man and likely to not be anything other than a September call up unless we suffered a plethora of middle infield injuries. I did read that some people think he has ADD or ADHD (not sure what the difference between the two is) and that if he was diagnosed and able to take medication they think he would be better as he wouldn't have as many lapses.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #7 by birdwatcher55 » December 7th, 2011, 12:17 pm

Matt P wrote:I don't have any problem with it. He was dead weight on the 40 man and likely to not be anything other than a September call up unless we suffered a plethora of middle infield injuries. I did read that some people think he has ADD or ADHD (not sure what the difference between the two is) and that if he was diagnosed and able to take medication they think he would be better as he wouldn't have as many lapses.

Ditto.. LONNNGGG overdue 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Return to Baltimore Orioles