Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

John Sickels 2012 Prospect Rankings

Re: John Sickels 2012 Prospect Rankings

PostPost #16 by Don » November 29th, 2011, 12:33 pm

Randy Henry is always a forgotten man. He is high on my list because he knows how to pitch and you cannot teach his arm speed. He is a guy that should be given a sure shot within the next season as a back of the bullpen arm.

I still have Avery fairly high on the board because skills are present and these "experts" do not understand that he was going to take 23 or 24 to reach any sort of platform. He was always going to be a late bloomer because he was raw as raw comes from a baseball skills standpoint. I would not write off his poor season as I did some background work on Avery, again I would tell my team to "buy low" if the Orioles want to write him off. Astros wrote of Goes in a similar fashion and see what the Jays uncovered.

Ryan Berry is still a name to remember and health issues aside, he has the skill set to be a top 5 arm in the system. Why people write him off is beyond me as well if Dan Klein in the same boat is still a top prospect.

Jake Cowan is another name that is being down played. Delmarva had some crappy defense and it inflated every pitcher at the level. Cowan, Berry, Baker, Martin, etc... are better than the stats and feel it has been weighed very heavily in the evaluation process.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #17 by Rising O's » December 2nd, 2011, 11:32 pm

I'm pretty happy with his list as it shows promise.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #18 by dan72 » December 4th, 2011, 9:02 pm

What no Brandon Snyder, Josh Bell, Chris Tillman or Billy Rowell? These guys are all dead weight, have no trade value and are taking up at bats for the younger guys. Very thin farm system for 14 years of losing.

Seriously, I agree with the rankings. Machado and Dylan Bundy project to above average major leaguers.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues