Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Coco Crisp

Coco Crisp

PostPost #1 by Matt P » November 28th, 2011, 11:30 pm

I think he is the OF that the O's need to sign. Good defensive player and a great base stealer.

Not the greatest on base guy but he would be a much better lead off hitter than Hardy.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: Coco Crisp

PostPost #2 by ofahn » November 28th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Matt P wrote:I think he is the OF that the O's need to sign. Good defensive player and a great base stealer.

Not the greatest on base guy but he would be a much better lead off hitter than Hardy.

No thank you.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by palmer22 » November 29th, 2011, 12:41 am

id take coco crisp for lf and leading off,if roberts returns you could bat crisp 2nd or 9th
palmer22
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #4 by ofahn » November 29th, 2011, 9:33 am

palmer22 wrote:id take coco crisp for lf

I see Nolan Reimold as the better choice.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » November 29th, 2011, 10:16 am

I would love Coco Crisp, as I think he would provide something the Orioles lack with his speed and bat at the top of the lineup. However, I doubt the Orioles would even go after him at this point. I am still trying to gauge their feelings on Reimold in LF though, as I am not sure they are flat out giving him the job there yet.

The other argument to be made about signing Crisp is that he does not help make this team a winner and is simply another "angelos"-like signing that masks the clubs real problems. While I don't necessarily fully agree with that, I can understand it.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Baltimore Orioles