Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Cleanup Hitter?

Cleanup Hitter?

PostPost #1 by osforlife » November 19th, 2011, 6:01 pm

My guess would be Davis. Who would you have as the 2012 Orioles cleanup hitter and why?
Last edited by osforlife on January 19th, 2012, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Cleanup Hitter?

PostPost #2 by kbrooke » November 20th, 2011, 6:34 pm

I like Davis there for now, too, perhaps just as a DH because his defense hasn't been as solid (esp. now that Reynolds looks like a lock for first) and we've secured another infielder to possibly take over third. I'm not in the camp that Duquette needs to make a splash in the FA market this year, so I don't realistically see anyone other than someone we already have. Do you think we need to hold on to Luuuuke?
User avatar
kbrooke
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 12
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 0

Re: Cleanup Hitter?

PostPost #3 by osforlife » November 20th, 2011, 6:42 pm

kbrooke wrote:Do you think we need to hold on to Luuuuke?

I am 50/50 on bringing Luke back. He is ageing, streaky, slow, struggles against LHP, and expensive but at the same time he can carry the team at times, provies an upbeat clubhouse presence, and you can lock him up for 25 or more homeruns if he is healthy the whole year.
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Cleanup Hitter?

PostPost #4 by DougDE » November 20th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Im mostly against big free agent signings this year too. It would excite me if Fielder came here because the lineup could certainly use the pop, but Im a realist and know thats most likely not happening. Therefore in my opinion I think we go with Reynolds at 1st, Davis at 3rd, and Reimold in left. Might as well see what we got. The big FA splash probably needs to wait until we're a little closer to contending. And the rotation needs a lot of work to get to that point. As for a cleanup hitter...we probably dont have one so I imagine a rotation based on matchups and who's hot
DougDE
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 376
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 5

Re: Cleanup Hitter?

PostPost #5 by Shorebirdfan » November 20th, 2011, 9:15 pm

osforlife wrote:
kbrooke wrote:Do you think we need to hold on to Luuuuke?

I am 50/50 on bringing Luke back. He is ageing, streaky, slow, struggles against LHP, and expensive but at the same time he can carry the team at times, provies an upbeat clubhouse presence, and you can lock him up for 25 or more homeruns if he is healthy the whole year.


I'm in favor of letting Luke walk. His need has simply past for this organization.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 559
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 15

Re: Cleanup Hitter?

PostPost #6 by osforlife » November 20th, 2011, 9:27 pm

DougDE wrote:Im mostly against big free agent signings this year too. It would excite me if Fielder came here because the lineup could certainly use the pop, but Im a realist and know thats most likely not happening. Therefore in my opinion I think we go with Reynolds at 1st, Davis at 3rd, and Reimold in left. Might as well see what we got. The big FA splash probably needs to wait until we're a little closer to contending. And the rotation needs a lot of work to get to that point. As for a cleanup hitter...we probably dont have one so I imagine a rotation based on matchups and who's hot

100% agree
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59



Return to Baltimore Orioles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rising O's and 6 guests