Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Cleanup Hitter?

Cleanup Hitter?

PostPost #1 by osforlife » November 19th, 2011, 6:01 pm

My guess would be Davis. Who would you have as the 2012 Orioles cleanup hitter and why?
Last edited by osforlife on January 19th, 2012, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Re: Cleanup Hitter?

PostPost #2 by kbrooke » November 20th, 2011, 6:34 pm

I like Davis there for now, too, perhaps just as a DH because his defense hasn't been as solid (esp. now that Reynolds looks like a lock for first) and we've secured another infielder to possibly take over third. I'm not in the camp that Duquette needs to make a splash in the FA market this year, so I don't realistically see anyone other than someone we already have. Do you think we need to hold on to Luuuuke?
kbrooke
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #3 by osforlife » November 20th, 2011, 6:42 pm

kbrooke wrote:Do you think we need to hold on to Luuuuke?

I am 50/50 on bringing Luke back. He is ageing, streaky, slow, struggles against LHP, and expensive but at the same time he can carry the team at times, provies an upbeat clubhouse presence, and you can lock him up for 25 or more homeruns if he is healthy the whole year.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by DougDE » November 20th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Im mostly against big free agent signings this year too. It would excite me if Fielder came here because the lineup could certainly use the pop, but Im a realist and know thats most likely not happening. Therefore in my opinion I think we go with Reynolds at 1st, Davis at 3rd, and Reimold in left. Might as well see what we got. The big FA splash probably needs to wait until we're a little closer to contending. And the rotation needs a lot of work to get to that point. As for a cleanup hitter...we probably dont have one so I imagine a rotation based on matchups and who's hot
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #5 by Shorebirdfan » November 20th, 2011, 9:15 pm

osforlife wrote:
kbrooke wrote:Do you think we need to hold on to Luuuuke?

I am 50/50 on bringing Luke back. He is ageing, streaky, slow, struggles against LHP, and expensive but at the same time he can carry the team at times, provies an upbeat clubhouse presence, and you can lock him up for 25 or more homeruns if he is healthy the whole year.

I'm in favor of letting Luke walk. His need has simply past for this organization.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #6 by osforlife » November 20th, 2011, 9:27 pm

DougDE wrote:Im mostly against big free agent signings this year too. It would excite me if Fielder came here because the lineup could certainly use the pop, but Im a realist and know thats most likely not happening. Therefore in my opinion I think we go with Reynolds at 1st, Davis at 3rd, and Reimold in left. Might as well see what we got. The big FA splash probably needs to wait until we're a little closer to contending. And the rotation needs a lot of work to get to that point. As for a cleanup hitter...we probably dont have one so I imagine a rotation based on matchups and who's hot

100% agree
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Return to Baltimore Orioles