Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Chris Nelson

Re: Chris Nelson

PostPost #16 by allstar1579 » September 14th, 2010, 10:12 am

LukeScottsShotgun wrote:
allstar1579 wrote:
LukeScottsShotgun wrote:
Yeah, look at the FA class. It's pathetic that Cesar is probably the best option for us out of all of them. We could go a completely different direction and sign Uribe, but his defense is so horrendous that his bat does not make up for it. I think a platoon of Cesar and Lugo might work. Lugo's proven to be a nugget of sorts for us. And I'm not ready to give up on Andino yet.

Yeah I'm not one of those guys that will sacrifice defense for offense in the middle INF. The Cards are in it every year and they pretty much only go with D up the middle. Lugo has done OK as a MIF sub, but that's about the best you'll get out of him, and Andino was a AAA player before we gave him a shot, then this year making 25+ errors at AAA was enough to black list him from the roster for me. It's not like he hits like Uribe even.

Andino's been good so far in September though. It's probably the same false hope that Hernandez gave us a few years ago, but it's still hope. He's a better hitter than Cesar, but that's not saying much.

Yeah a little better with the bat, but not much, but yeah I think it's false hope. I mean he passed through waivers and NO one took a chance on a cheap MIF prospect with semi-decent bat, that should tell you something's off.
allstar1579
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #17 by LukeScottsShotgun » September 14th, 2010, 10:47 am

Not ready to give up on Andino yet... and we do need him with Lugo out. And trust me, crazier stuff has happened regarding waivers.
Baltimore! BUCK YEAH! Coming into save the MOTHER BUCKING day yeah!

http://flavadave10.wordpress.com
LukeScottsShotgun
DSL Orioles

PostPost #18 by allstar1579 » September 14th, 2010, 10:50 am

LukeScottsShotgun wrote:Not ready to give up on Andino yet... and we do need him with Lugo out. And trust me, crazier stuff has happened regarding waivers.

Just saying, from a scouting point of view, he's not a ML player. Who knows though, I can be wrong from time to time.
allstar1579
DSL Orioles

PostPost #19 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 14th, 2010, 6:19 pm

allstar1579 wrote:
DougDE wrote:Was Rowell really as highly touted as Machado? Some analysts have said there were some class years where Machado could have been the number 1 pick (08?). I dont remember that kinda national hype for Rowell

Only in the sense that they were both the best HS hitting prospects in their prospective drafts. Manny has a much better shot at sticking at SS than Billy did (they knew he was moving when they drafted him), and Manny went at #3 whereas Billy was in the teens, and it wasn't because of signing demands. There are softer years, but this year was one of them, so I think he went a bit higher than he would have say next year, every year is different though.

That being said, you are going to see someone brought in for at least 2 years no matter who it is, but Andino and Lugo are NOT passable as everyday players, so if it's not Izzy, it'll be outside the organization.

Hoping it's JJ Hardy, but have a bad feeling we're going to see Izzy again.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #20 by allstar1579 » September 14th, 2010, 8:48 pm

Jordan wrote:
allstar1579 wrote:
DougDE wrote:Was Rowell really as highly touted as Machado? Some analysts have said there were some class years where Machado could have been the number 1 pick (08?). I dont remember that kinda national hype for Rowell

Only in the sense that they were both the best HS hitting prospects in their prospective drafts. Manny has a much better shot at sticking at SS than Billy did (they knew he was moving when they drafted him), and Manny went at #3 whereas Billy was in the teens, and it wasn't because of signing demands. There are softer years, but this year was one of them, so I think he went a bit higher than he would have say next year, every year is different though.

That being said, you are going to see someone brought in for at least 2 years no matter who it is, but Andino and Lugo are NOT passable as everyday players, so if it's not Izzy, it'll be outside the organization.

Hoping it's JJ Hardy, but have a bad feeling we're going to see Izzy again.

I mean K. Greene is still out there (and when I said last year he was worth a flier, people were trying to trade Tillman for him). Yes, I was kidding. Hardy wouldn't be a bad gamble, but I'd love to find someone in that Bordick mold, good defense, hit upper 200s and a tiny bit of pop. Problem is everyone would love that huh?
allstar1579
DSL Orioles

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles