We've ranked the playoff teams by how much value they received this season from their recent homegrown players, using the following criteria to identify a homegrown player:
• The player had to have originally signed with the team as an amateur, either through the draft, the international market or as a nondrafted free agent.
• Only players with fewer than six years of service time count. Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera and Jorge Posada were all drafted or signed in the international market by the Yankees, but they have all been in the league long enough to have been eligible for free agency. It's certainly an advantage for the Yankees to have been the teams that originally signed them, but it's not so useful for our analysis to know they drafted Derek Jeter nearly 20 years ago.
birdwatcher55 wrote:Three step process:
1. Boost payroll to $120 mil
2. Increase scouting and development budget.
3. Increase international presence
birdwatcher55 wrote:I'm not going to say you are wrong on point #1 but realistically Angelos has plenty of money with MASN. There is no reason why payroll can't at least be at $100 mil. Just my two cents
palmer22 wrote:my repair.....sign harang,hardin and capuano trade for street and koji sign willingham and kouzmanoff lf-willingham cf-jones rf-markakis dh-riemold/scott 3b-kouzmanoff ss-hardy 2b-roberts or adams 1b-reynolds u-chris davis dh/lf/1b/3b ,andino-2b/ss.3b,hester-c , riemold/scott-dh/lf/1b sp-harang capuano guthrie hardin britton arrieta ,street,johnson,gregg,strop,berken,simon,oday,patton and koji
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests