Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

ON Community Prospect List Discussion

Re: ON Community Prospect List Discussion

PostPost #31 by ofahn » September 16th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:Hoes hit .285 and drew 53 walks in 136 games. He has hit 19 HR in 4 years and overseeing 400 games. I'm not saying the kid won't make the bigs, I just think we should better results from our 5th best prospect. If the organization thought he could play 2nd, he would have been at 2nd in Bowie. He couldn't push Miclat out of his spot, and Miclat is barely a top 30 prospect.

He also had an OPS of .800 in 350 ABs at AA at the age of 21.

I agree that he needs to settle into a position (LF?) but, for me, this kid has a LOT of upside.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #32 by OriolesRedskins28 » September 17th, 2011, 12:37 pm

ofahn wrote:
Shorebirdfan wrote:Hoes hit .285 and drew 53 walks in 136 games. He has hit 19 HR in 4 years and overseeing 400 games. I'm not saying the kid won't make the bigs, I just think we should better results from our 5th best prospect. If the organization thought he could play 2nd, he would have been at 2nd in Bowie. He couldn't push Miclat out of his spot, and Miclat is barely a top 30 prospect.

He also had an OPS of .800 in 350 ABs at AA at the age of 21.

I agree that he needs to settle into a position (LF?) but, for me, this kid has a LOT of upside.

Agreed. If Schoop ends up sticking at 2B then maybe LF is the best option for Hoes. I would think he would be at least average defensively in left being a former CF.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #33 by Shorebirdfan » October 1st, 2011, 3:56 pm

I find it interesting that Ryan Berry remains out there at this point. Seems like I recall him being 6 or 7 pre season.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #34 by BuckMagic » October 1st, 2011, 11:02 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:I find it interesting that Ryan Berry remains out there at this point. Seems like I recall him being 6 or 7 pre season.

Has to be due to the arm injury (surgery?) at the beginning of the season. im guessing.
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues