By nature, I'm a pessimist. It was extremely difficult for me to come up with anything positive at all about this year. In fact, I think I had more to be optimistic about at the end of last year, than this one. Nevertheless, this is what I've come up with:
1. We'll probably get the #2 overall pick in the 2012 draft.
2. We'll shed some salaries at the end of this season.
3. Adam Jones, Matt Wieters, JJ Hardy make us solid up the middle.
4. We were able to sign Bundy, Esposito and Delmonico from this year's draft.
5. MacPhail might be leaving as GM.
6. Machado and Schoop had good years in the minors.
Obviously, I can generate dozens of Negatives from this year, but I'm trying to stick with the positives. Anyone got anything else? I sure don't....